Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be downloadable stats with the release of the forecaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be downloadable stats with the release of the forecaster?

When the 2014 Forecaster is published, will there be downloadable (*.csv) stats available online?

Projections will be available on the site around mid-December.

Comment

Welcome to the forums, kevinsherman.

To supplement Ray's answer:
      • Given that you have access to both the hard copy Baseball Forecaster and the website, I suggest that you always use the projected statistics on the website. They are more current, especially with regard to projecting playing time based on each MLB team's current roster.
      • There really is no way to reconcile the projections from the hard copy to the website (and in fact there is a customer advisory in the hard copy alerting readers to this). The hard copy is intended primarily for skills analysis, but the projected output will change.

That goes beyond the questions you asked, I know, but those are answers to some other frequently asked questions.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Michael - your answer is right *most* of the time... but right now, the website 'stats' (there aren't any) are showing a date of 10-10-13. I'd like to see an update on the website so I can get a head start on the season!

[Update: Removed disgusting grammar brain-fart]
        Last edited by kevinsherman; 12-16-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinsherman View Post
          Michael - your answer is right *most* of the time... but right now, the website 'stats' (they're aren't any) are showing a date of 10-10-13. I'd like to see an update on the website so I can get a head start on the season!
          The next update won't come until after the Forecaster starts getting delivered, the winter meetings are wrapped up, and we've accounted for the resulting player movement. We're looking at sometime in the week of 12/16-20 to get the first 2014 projections here on the site.

Comment

How about taking the opportunity to drop the Chris Carter who isn't the one who plays for the Astros from player link? Hasn't seen the majors since 2010 and I can never remember whether the one I am looking for is the top one or the bottom one so I almost invariably get it wrong.
            BERSMR in Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by BERSMR View Post
              How about taking the opportunity to drop the Chris Carter who isn't the one who plays for the Astros from player link? Hasn't seen the majors since 2010 and I can never remember whether the one I am looking for is the top one or the bottom one so I almost invariably get it wrong.
              Done. That was easy.

Comment

I see that the "Last Update" date has changed to 2013-12-13... we're getting closer.....

Comment

I'm also chomping at the bit to get projections. My whole league is trade crazy right now and I really don't want to guess at trade values. But also I don't want to miss out on opportunities.

Comment

OK - it is the 19th.. The week of the 16th is half over - where are the projections?

Comment

Almost done. First version will be up tomorrow.

Comment

Just a word to the wise for folks going for the first possible versions of the projections (myself included in this)--don't forget the massive amount of volatility still to come as rosters get firmed up, trades get made, FAs get bought, injuries happen or get disclosed and roles gel (or don't gel). It is a continual dynamic process regarding PT and roles--not a static one.
                        The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen. -Bob Lemon

Comment

Doug - my guess is that the small group of people interested in this data in December already know that.

Originally posted by DougD@HQ View Post
                          Just a word to the wise for folks going for the first possible versions of the projections (myself included in this)--don't forget the massive amount of volatility still to come as rosters get firmed up, trades get made, FAs get bought, injuries happen or get disclosed and roles gel (or don't gel). It is a continual dynamic process regarding PT and roles--not a static one.

Comment

My stupid smart-ass comment aside, I'm very happy to see these available.... looking forward to 2014! Merry X-Mas BHQ!

Comment

Working...
                            X