Why no HQ playoff coverage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no HQ playoff coverage?

Nothing on the playoffs? Daily matchups, perhaps? I'd hazard a guess that many HQ members are not only fantasy baseball players, but baseball fans as well and would be interested in reading that kind of content. And, especially nice for those of us prone to making the odd friendly wager.
    http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

+1

Comment

Don't forget that this is the time of the year when most BaseballHQ staff are working on the Forecaster.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
        Don't forget that this is the time of the year when most BaseballHQ staff are working on the Forecaster.
        This is a big reason why we don't do playoff coverage. We actually tried it 2-3 years ago, basically running Daily Matchups columns. I thought they were great, but they didn't get a lot of traffic.

Quite a few of the staffers are chattering about the games over on Twitter, that's a good way to get a fix if you're interested.

Comment

C'mon you guys. It's the playoffs. BP has daily columns, and they publish a book too. Same with Hardball Times. Don't be going all Strasburg on us and shut down the editorial content before the season is over. Carpal tunnel and eyestrain can heal over the winter.

Comment

None of those other sites get their book to press by Thanksgiving. If you want playoff coverage from us now and no Forecaster til February... We could do that.

Comment

Wait, a sec, we could get postseason coverage on the site, plus offseason coverage thru the winter meetings in the Forecaster? That sounds terrific. I may be the only guy who thinks the Forecaster comes out too soon though.

Comment

And you'd REALLY tick off the thousands of readers who count on finding the book under their Christmas trees.
                "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by usualsuspects View Post
                  I may be the only guy who thinks the Forecaster comes out too soon though.
                  you are correct, sir...
                  NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                  our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                  a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Working...
                  X