Integrating call-up reports within playerlink profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrating call-up reports within playerlink profiles

Could this be done automatically upon any call-up? Noticing that it's being done for some players but not all.

Kolten Wong, by way of example.

Thanks.
    RIP Paco de Lucia.

It's a manual process, and sometimes the PLInk page doesn't exist yet at the time the report is posted. Still, we'll double back and make sure they all get posted. Thanks for pointing this out.

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up, Ray. As always, HQ has the most responsive team of any site I've been on. I knew it wasn't on account of lack of effort. Pls. keep up the great work.
      RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Just as a follow-up, noticed that players are often covered by different writers in varying contexts but only end up with a call-up report blurb on their player page.

Example: Marcus Semien has a call-up report by Mallonee, but also received prior comments from Cederholm and Robert Berger. The latter two writer comments are not featured on his player page but only come up via the front page search engine.

I've always been a proponent of splicing information from as many varied sources and making it all available in the player profiles so it could be consulted quickly and more efficiently. I don't know if this is something HQ would like to pursue, given the wealth of info that is produced here. If it were possible to do this, it would be appreciated. If not, I'll understand that using the search function will be the best way to go.
        RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Yes, best to stick to the search function on that front. The policy, at least at the moment, is that we populate PLink with three sources of info:

- PTToday writeups
          - Fact/Fluke writeups
          - callup reports

For more transient stuff like a Cederholm/Market Pulse writeup or a Div Outlook, we tend to not put those into PLink. Search function will be your friend in those cases though.

Comment

Thanks Ray. Managed expectations always avert disappointments.
            RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Working...
            X