Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Projections (updates multiple times per day now?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Projections (updates multiple times per day now?)

I know the projections update each day during the season around 8am Eastern. However, this year I've noticed (when paying attention) where the projections updated at least twice during the same day.

For example, Carlos Torres on 7/24:

Afternoon pIP, pERA: 41, 3.51

Evening pIP, pERA: 41, 3.73

Is this something new this year where the projections page(s) updates multiple times per day? If so, when do they update a 2nd time?

I know in previous years, you could see in real time when the staff would update the playing time percentages via playerlink (and still can), but you wouldn't see the overall projection updates until the next morning, around 8am.
    Last edited by CottonWisconsin; 07-25-2013, 05:38 AM.

Very observant.

We're still only running the main projections once per day. Yesterday was a day where I made manual projections mods (updated KRod, Henry Urrutia didn't have a projection, etc). That's where the second update came from, since saving those changes regenerates all projections.

I generally only do those updates once per week, more than that if there's significant player movement... which might be happening over the next week. But multiple updates per day is not a typical occurrence.

Thanks for asking!

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. I'd take it on those rare days when there's a 2nd "update", there's no set time of day for them to occur, since it's manually done?

Comment

Right. Whenever I squeeze it in.

Comment

Working...
        X