Projections changes? Gordon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projections changes? Gordon?

I tried searching the forums which is another gripe i have. You type in a player's name and you get a ton of stuff but never about the player you want, but that is neither here nor there. I know there have been multiple threads regarding the projection process but I still have issues with it. The last few years especially. My biggest problem is that I never tend to save the older projections, I can only go by memory. I also very rarely look at the projection pages, since I update them to rotolab weekly. I really get po ed with the drastic changes in some guys numbers. Now rotolab calcuates $ values based on my own format so that may make the changes more noticable. But, I had been looking to trade for Gordon for a month or so now. Rotolab had him as a $40+ in my format. I really think HQ had his pBA at over .290 a month ago. Today, he might be looking to trade him and now Gordon's rotolab value is $21 and his pBA is .268. I just don't get it and it frustrates me to no end. Rotolab has my team with 8 guys worth over $20 and four guys over $40 6 weeks ago and today I have 3 guys total worth over $20. Is it just me or are projection becoming ridiculous. Maybe not only HQ but maybe other sites as well. But, going on the 3rd year where I draft a great team according to HQ and slowly , but surely the projections change and my projected standings drop. I currently sit in 8th place with Rotolab projecting my to stay there, while 3 weeks ago I was projected to finish 2nd. This is kind of a rant but that Gordon change really set me off.

If you're downloading the projections to Rotolab weekly, you should have all of the old ones if you want to reload an older file and compare. Dollar values are not something I can easily debug, since they're specific to your league/configuration and there are a thousand switches and sliders in Rotolab that can make the dollars change in a hurry. But if there's a specific problem with some of the elements of the projection (BA, runs, RBI, etc.), that might be something I can pursue.

Comment

Working...
    X