Noob looking for a BaseballHQ stats FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob looking for a BaseballHQ stats FAQ

Hi. The site I've been using the past eight years or so stopped publishing. I'm trying out BaseballHQ for the season, but I'm a little lost. I like figuring things out on my own, but I'm under the gun as I have two keeper league drafts on Monday (points) and Tuesday (NL-only), and I'm scrambling trying to rebuild spreadsheets tonight. I've been looking for an FAQ, but I can't find one. So I'll list my questions, but if there's an FAQ that'll answer my questions (and more!), please link.

1. I have three leagues, all with different position eligibility rules. My customized Baseball HQ projections include position eligibility and I can't figure out how it's calculated.
    • Can I change the position eligibility requirements in these projections?
    • If not, how is it calculated? 20 games?

2. Stats I've never seen before.
    • MM (which, from what I gather, is Mayberry's rating?)
    • BPV
    • RAR (unless it's runs above replacement. Then I got it.)
    • There are a bunch more exclusively for hitters and pitchers, but I'm hoping there's an FAQ explaining everything.

3. MACK
    • What is MACK useful for? What can you do with it that I can't with Excel?
    • I have three leagues, all with different rules. What is the most efficient way to save my league settings, so I don't have to keep changing them? It seems to be creating a league in MACK, and then a dropdown appears on the projections front page. Is that right?

I think that's it for now. I appreciate any and all help. Again, a link would be fantastic. Thanks.

Welcome to the website and welcome to the forums! I wonder why it shows a post count of zero for you.

Frequently asked questions are here. You can find them at the subscriber home page by clicking on "Support" in the horizontal menu at the bottom of the screen. You also can find them by entering FAQ in the search function in the top right of the home page.

Sounds like you found the Custom Draft Guide (CDG) under Stats & Tools. Note there are some more FAQs at the bottom of that page. Positions are determined based on 20 games in the prior year (or the most games at any position). There's not an option to change it. It only matters if 'forced positions' is checked.

The CDG is pretty good, but we offer a discount on Rotolab if you need a more robust valuation software. Not sure that it makes sense for you this year given that your drafts are coming up quickly and you have limited time to finish your preparations.

There is a partial glossary here and a link at the bottom to the full glossary. BPV, Base Performance Value, is defined there. MM = Mayberry Method -- try putting that phrase in the search box if you want more. You guessed RAR correctly.

I think the first set of FAQs addresses the MACK.

There's lots of long-time users on these forums to answer questions. Don't feel like just the staffers know how to use the website.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Another BBHQ newcomer here curious about the answers, so I'm bumping the post.

Comment

Originally posted by tylertoo View Post
        Another BBHQ newcomer here curious about the answers, so I'm bumping the post.
        Welcome! You saw the answers immediately above, though... right?

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
          Welcome! You saw the answers immediately above, though... right?
          No. I see just the OP's questions, my post, then yours.

Comment

Ahh. Fixed. Sorry, something funky going on with this thread. All fixed now though.

Comment

Now I see them, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
                Sounds like you found the Custom Draft Guide (CDG) under Stats & Tools. Note there are some more FAQs at the bottom of that page.
                The FAQs at the bottom of the CDG page have two outdated links:

How can I make the Custom Draft Guide account for keepers in my league?
                This tool is integrated with your league setup in the MACK Team Tracker.
                Link goes nowhere. This is FYI only, as I found the MACK Team Tracker from the pulldown menus at the top.

What if I am in a straight draft league?
                You have two choices. Optimally, you should follow the directions in our straight draft guide,
                Link goes to 2011 straight draft guide. Is the 2013 straight draft guide available?

Thanks!

Comment

Ray can probably better answer your questions and is following this thread already, so perhaps he can chime in.

The 2012 straight draft guide came out on March 9 and it's an annual feature, so I'd guess it'll be released soon.
                  "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

2013 SDG is coming this week. Scheduled for Friday, might be sooner.

Comment

Working...
                    X