CDG configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDG configuration

My 14 team h2h league uses 9x10 category scoring so the CDG has been a great tool for me.
    Our Pitching categories are IP, W, L, QS-ratio, K, BB, ERA, WHIP, HRA and Saves.

Setting up the CDG, it doesn't allow my to check "L" but I'm really not worried about that...and I need to use QS instead of QSR. If I select all my other categories as is I get all the relievers at the very top.
    I switched HRA to HR/9 and most relievers dropped back to where they should be, but some were still higher then I would expect.
    The next change I made was from BB to BB/9 and those remaining "high" relievers fell back in line with the others.

I think HR/9 is the correct stat but I'm unsure if BB or BB/9 gives me the better "list" for my league settings.

Specifically I'm looking at these 4 pitchers, needing to keep 3 of them:
    Medlen - using BB=$24, BB/9=$20
    Grienke - BB=$16, BB/9=$19
    Scherzer - BB=$16, BB/9=$18
    Zimmerman - BB=$20, BB/9=$18

I think BB/9 would indicate the better skill but a lower BB total directly affects that scoring category. So, which configuration would be better to use for my league?
    CBS 14-team H2H Category, Daily transactions, 2-8 Keepers with Luxury Tax implications + 2 Free Minor League Prospects
    Hitting Cats (9): R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, BB, SO, XBH, SLG
    Pitching Cats (9): IP, W, L, Sv, K, ERA, WHIP, BB, HRA
    Luxury tax structure (ie league fee):
    2-3 keepers = $75
    4 keepers = $80
    5 keepers = $90
    6 keepers = $105
    7 keepers = $125
    8 keepers = $150

Yeah, any negative pitcher stat like Losses, BBs, HR allowed, if you enable them, will push a ton of value to low-IP relievers at the expense of starters. Using the ratios as proxy categories is a good workaround. Another one is to cut the category weights way down (like use BBs, but weight it at 0.33 instead of 1, something like that). There's some trial-and-error involved in finding a config that results in values that "look" right to you.

Comment

Thanks Ray. That totally makes sense for the negative pitching stats. I'll play around with the weights and see what I come up with.

One other question...we use "extra base hits" and I was using 2B+3B as the proxy which essentially make Reyes the #1 player. Your mention of using the weights made me think it might be more realistic to make HRs worth 1.33 since they account for a third of the XBH category.

Does that make sense? Do you have any other suggestion as a proxy for XBH?
      CBS 14-team H2H Category, Daily transactions, 2-8 Keepers with Luxury Tax implications + 2 Free Minor League Prospects
      Hitting Cats (9): R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, BB, SO, XBH, SLG
      Pitching Cats (9): IP, W, L, Sv, K, ERA, WHIP, BB, HRA
      Luxury tax structure (ie league fee):
      2-3 keepers = $75
      4 keepers = $80
      5 keepers = $90
      6 keepers = $105
      7 keepers = $125
      8 keepers = $150

Comment

Yeah, you could do both... if you make 2B+3B worth 0.67 and HR worth 1.33, that should be pretty much the same as an XBH category. You could also play around with using Total Bases instead.

Comment

Working...
        X