Need evaluation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need evaluation help

So we have a draft coming up and I need to make some tough choices. I have picks 3,4,8,16 in round 1. 1 and 2 i hear are gonna be Harper Machado. So at 3 and 4 I need to know do I go Cespedes/Middlebrooks/Rosario or if Machado ends up being available which is the better choice in the long run (as this is a rebuilding year) These guys can be kept forever.

Then, which pitcher do I take and if I can take 2 which 2? Darvish/Moore/Medlen...

And farther down to 16, whcich player of:

Cozart, Harvey, Miley, Tillman, Estrada, Milone, Parker, Diamond, Hammel, Smyly??? Hoping I have 1 of these guys floating around at # 24....

Help!

well you have 3,4 so id take cespedes with one of those, and i'd probably take darvish too, he's not old either, and those two are already proven (or more proven) then a prospect. Moore is very tempting also. I would take any of those 3 pitchers ahead of rosario and middlebrooks.

Of that last group, Harvey is most talented, followed by parker, guys like tillman and estrada have some upside as well, same with hammel and smyly... This is a pretty impressive list for this type of draft... why are guys like moore available?
    "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
    Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
    28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
    Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

I agree with Josh, although I'd add Parker to the list of players who have done it at the major league level. Also, in a dynasty format, discount Estrada. He has great skills but is 29 already.
      "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yes Parker Belings with MLB experienced group but I'm not sure i see ace level ability in terms of ks that those others have I'd probably rank the pitchers Darvish, Moore, medlen, Harvey, Parker.
        "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
        Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
        28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
        Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

This is an APBA game. If you don't know what that is it's actually in it's simplest form a board/dice game. We are manager and GM. Each player gets a card. Now guys under a certain amount of innings pitched or at bats don't get a card. So they become available the next year when they do get a card and there's a "rookie draft". So Cozart, Cespedes, Moore, Middlebrooks, Parker, etc didn't have a card the year before. others on this list include: Milone, Wilhelmsen, Aoki, Smyly, Fiers, Diamond, Belt, Dominguez, Gose, Marte, Grandal, Mesoraco, Segura, Pomeranz, Chen, Delgado, Jackson, Carter, Saunders....I am rebuilding an inherited team and stocking up on picks. I now have 5 first rounders and am working on a 6th. 16 team league. After that I will try and grab another 2nd or 3rd rounder as middle relief is pretty deep. Current keepers that I won't move are Seager, Moustakas, Choo, Luebke, Jaime Garcia, Gee.....

So the cards are based on last years stats. So it's like we are replaying 2012.

Comment

This should probably be in the sim forum. This forum was an interesting choice.

That said, is Profar unavailable? If so, I'd take Moore/Darvish. Not sure how your #16 shakes out.
            John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

I guess it should, but I'm looking at it from a fantasy prospective since I'm rebuilding. No Profar, he'll be in next years class if he makes the club this year. I'm hoping Zack Cozart is waiting for me at #16 otherwise..>Grandal, Belt, Gose, Dominguez...

Comment

Working...
              X