Player blurbs in one section, running on empty in another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player blurbs in one section, running on empty in another

Rather than have no player information in the Playerlink for a player just called up, would it not be a better idea to restate whatever analysis has been recently made about him elsewhere, in said player's Playerlink page?

By way of example, Jeurys Familia was called up recently. His Playerlink page contains no information under his "news" tab.

And yet, in the call-up section:

Jeurys Familia (RHP, NYM)
    The 22-year-old has experienced bouts of inconsistency throughout his young career, but his upside continues to captivate the Mets as well as prospect observers as a whole. Familia can be dominating at times with his outstanding, natural stuff. Blessed with a heavy 90-97 mph fastball, he can be tough to make hard contact against and he uses his 6’4” height well to pitch effectively downhill. His other offerings consist of a good, hard slider and an average change-up with plenty of depth and fade. Familia can be inefficient with his pitches and he often labors with his delivery. Because of his inconsistent mechanics, his command and control can be erratic. There is plenty to like about his overall package of pitches, arm strength, stamina, and durability. The next step is to hone his arm action and find the consistency he lacks. Familia has a career 3.85 ERA, 4.0 Ctl, and 8.6 Dom.
    STATS: Buffalo (AAA) – 28 gs, 9-9 4.73 ERA, 137 IP, 1.8 Cmd, 4.8 Ctl, 8.4 Dom, 8 HR, .267 oppBA
    CURRENT ROLE: Long reliever
    POTENTIAL: #2 starter
    RATING: 8B
    I always thought the Playerlink was the best place to consolidate all of a player's information, originating elsewhere on the site. Having to plough through the right call-up section to try and find analysis on a player, is, in my humble view, not an optimal use of resources.
    Last edited by JVR; 09-13-2012, 09:27 AM. Reason: typo
    RIP Paco de Lucia.

Callup reports are supposed to appear in Playerlink. This looks like either a glitch or an oversight. We'll get it fixed. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, this is more than a glitch.

There are several other players for whom there is no info, even if they are highly touted. Just randomly picked one in Tony Cingrani and no info available. I'm sure if I took up more time, I'd find several others.
      RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

I'm told all will be fixed soon.

Comment

Working...
        X