Simplistic question from newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplistic question from newbie

I have been using the weekly-updated Custom Valuator as a rough guide to players when evaluating trades and I don't have time to evaluate the trade in more depth (I'm in several leagues and still have to work for a living).
    My question is: I noted that Wade Miller and Mark Prior are evaluated about the same. Does that mean that they are projected to produce about the same stats for the rest of the year OR does it mean that what Prior is going to do for the rest of his year, now that he's off the DL, will bring him even to Miller's total-year output? All constructive replies appreciated.

I haven't used the custom valuator since the start of the season so I'm not exactly certain what the results are intended to show. I do, however, believe that the results are intended to show that Prior will outpitch Miller from here on out. Perhaps a better place to show that is to go to the Playerlink (or the overall player projections, for that matter). There values to date are indicated, along with projected values for the remainder of the year, and the overall combined values for those two items. Thus, for example, in 5x5 leagues, Miller has generated $14 to date, is projected to generate $17 for the balance of the season, and that will give you a projected total of $16. Prior to date has generated -$3; is projected to generate $27, for a projected total of $23.
    "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

In your words, it means "that they are projected to produce about the same stats for the rest of the year " The Custom Valuator is stats and dollar values from this point forward.

Comment

Working...
      X