Weekly pitching matchups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly pitching matchups

I play in a HTH league. Every Monday I set my lineup for the week.

Last year, there was a place on the old site, where I could see all the pitching matchups for the upcoming week and evaluate who I should start and who I should bench

Cant seem to find that on the new site

Can you help me locate it?

Is this still a feature offered to a subscriber?

-

News tab, Series Matchups.

Stats and Tools tab, Leading Indicators, PQS Logs.
    MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Originally posted by NICK@HQ View Post
      News tab, Series Matchups.

Stats and Tools tab, Leading Indicators, PQS Logs.
      Thanks

Comment

Just to confirm, this means that there is no longer a weekly planner, only the series matchups?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Josfan View Post
          Just to confirm, this means that there is no longer a weekly planner, only the series matchups?

Thanks
          Series Matchups columns, plus the SP report with matchup scores. The Weekly Planner column is no more. The primary focus of that was 2-start SP evaluations, but one thing that was really undermining it was that it seems like more and more leagues are drifting away from the Monday->Sunday weekly schedule, so the column was having less utility. The SP report lets everyone eval SPs for whatever their league's daily/weekly lineup policy is.

Comment

Ray,

Just wondering if it is possible to post the Series Matchups columns a day earlier, Sunday and Wednesday, so those who have to set lineups the night before the series begins can take advantage of the advice? My league does not allow adding players and using them the same day, so I (and I am certain others) can not take advantage of a favorable matchup for the first game of a series if the column is not available the day prior.

I realize there may be editorial/publishing reasons for the report coming out when it does, but if it could be moved up, even if to the night before the series, it would be a huge help.

Thanks for hearing me out.
            Keeper league: 12 team mixed keeper 5X5 (R,HR,RBI,SB,OBP X QS,SV+HLD,ERA, WHIP, K/BB) - turn-based auction draft $260 budget
            H2H league: 12 team mixed redraft 5X5 (R,HR,RBI,SB,OBP X W,SV+H, ERA, WHIP, K/9) - weekly category totals, not points

Comment

We've been getting this request off and on, and I understand the nature of it. The logistics of doing this are problematic, though. If we go earlier, we'll end up missing late changes to SPs. What happens now is that our writers are (finishing, at least) the columns the night before they publish. But they all have day jobs, so if we want the columns up earlier, they'll need to finish writing the previous night. So for instance, to move the Thursday column to Wednesday, now they'll need to submit the column on Tuesday evening for Wednesday AM publication... and in a typical week, several pitching matchups will change by the time those games actually start on Thursday night.

So, we'll consider doing something about this, but that's what we're weighing here.... timeliness vs. accuracy, basically.

Comment

Ray, I feel like I asked this last year and you answered but I can't remember nor find the post.

For the probable pitchers rating report, as the year goes on, does it give less weight to PQS scores early in the season? Thanks.

Comment

Nope, it uses the full set of YTD data weighted equally.

Comment

cool thanks. That might be a suggestion for futures years but for now, having the last 5 PQS scores right there does the trick in case of a tough decision and similar ratings.

btw....I really have enjoyed this feature for use in the 2nd half of the season. Due to the break up of home/away, opp team vs LHP/RHP, etc, I really feel you need a half season of data in there to avoid potential small sample sizes.

Comment

Yeah, the tool is definitely in its prime (in my eyes) in June/July/August.

Comment

Working...
                      X