Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will free agents be removed from projections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will free agents be removed from projections?

When will free agents be removed from projections?

In my NL only league the $ values are really skewed in my custom draft guide. Having Derrek Lee, Guerrero, Damon, et al available are really messing with my projections.

Thanks.

We're gradually chopping their playing time down, we probably won't completely zero them out until close to opening day. The overall effect of having these guys in the player pool is very minimal in terms of valuation. If this is bothering you, you really should be aware that we're overprojecting playing time all over the place. It sounds like you're attaching a level of precision to the projections that really isn't advisable.

Comment

Thanks. Just starting to look at keeper decisions-and maybe it is minimal but it just doesn't look right when Lee is $17 (27th best hitter available), Vlad $10 (42nd), Damon $8 (50), Ordonez $7 (53), Matsui $7 (54). I'm sure if/when they go to $0 it will have an effect on the other hitters available.

(13 team NL only, looks like there will be about 91 hitters that will need to be drafted.)

Comment

The thing is that those values aren't necessarily wrong. We were projecting Lee for 65% playing time, which absolutely could still happen. (I just cut him to 45%). Some of these guys will end up with jobs in the next few weeks, which is why they haven't gone to zero.

Comment

Do you think he'll stay in the NL? I really don't have a problem with Lee, just all the AL free agent DH types that will most likely never sign with an NL team. Thanks.

Comment

Projection Pruning

My league's draft is the first Sunday after the season opens. I use BHQ's grids as the basis for my cheat sheet. It is tedious to have to go through and erase players who have been sent down, and very tedious to do so for pitchers, because there are a lot of them.

Is it possible to prune the cheat sheets and perhaps projections to reflect only those players still on the roster?

Alex Bensky
            beloved owner, wily general manager, shrewd director of player development
            Bensky Snarks
            Honorary manager: George L. "Snarky" Anderson.
            Chiefsnark

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefsnark View Post
              My league's draft is the first Sunday after the season opens. I use BHQ's grids as the basis for my cheat sheet. It is tedious to have to go through and erase players who have been sent down, and very tedious to do so for pitchers, because there are a lot of them.

Is it possible to prune the cheat sheets and perhaps projections to reflect only those players still on the roster?

Alex Bensky
              beloved owner, wily general manager, shrewd director of player development
              Bensky Snarks
              Honorary manager: George L. "Snarky" Anderson.
              We never prune down to just players on the current roster. We're (always) projecting playing time for the whole year, which for every team in the majors involves more than the 25 players who break camp.

But by Opening Day we will have cut playing time projections down to 100% per team/position (they're overallocated now), which will tighten up the player pool notably.

Comment

Working...
              X