Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction Values

Hey guys need some help here.

When I do a custom draft guide, I get very different dollar values as are shown on the "playerlink" page. For example, in my standard 5x5 roto league it shows Fielder at 28.31 and Votto at 26.41. However on their playerlink page it has Votto at 35 dollars and Prince at 30.

I guess my question is what numbers should I be paying attention to? In our auction draft both of those guys will go for over 28 and 26 dollars respectively. What numbers should I use for my drafting strategy?

Thanks in advance.

Pay attention to the CDG. Playerlink shows values for a 12-team AL-only or 13-team NL-only. If those aren't your league formats, those values have less use to you than the CDG output.

Comment

What about in an auction league? I know some of the top guys will go for far more than listed on the CDG. Should I stick to my guns and not overpay? Or do we assume some sort of inflation?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilder View Post
        What about in an auction league? I know some of the top guys will go for far more than listed on the CDG. Should I stick to my guns and not overpay? Or do we assume some sort of inflation?
        There are only so many dollars to go around in an auction, so if you have CDG configured properly you're looking at the same overall dollars. If it's a keeper league, obviously you need to account for inflation. You may need to look at other config options in the CDG too... top players mode, etc. The CDG has a number of switches and levers you can fool with, it's often a trial-and-error exercise to come up with settings that yield values that look "right" to you. Whatever you do, don't just run it once and accept those initial results as gospel.

Comment

Posted this in another thread, but are there any "standard" changes to the CDG switches/levers that tend to yield the most useful dollar values for 5x5 mixed?

Comment

Originally posted by jross View Post
            Posted this in another thread, but are there any "standard" changes to the CDG switches/levers that tend to yield the most useful dollar values for 5x5 mixed?
            I prefer to run the CDG with 69% of the dollars on batting and forced positions checked for any Rotisserie style scoring format. Others will argue for different settings though.
            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Working...
            X