Request: MLBAM ID Numbers included with projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: MLBAM ID Numbers included with projections

Any intentions of including MLBAM ID Numbers with the projections anytime soon? Please?

Yeah, this came up last winter, when I think the MLBAM id was in its infancy... or at least that was the first time I heard of it. We need to take another look at it. We try not to muck with the projection file format at this time of year, though, so the earliest we would do this would probably be after Opening Day.

Comment

Still a no go for 2013? Disappointing.

Comment

Haven't gotten around to this, sorry.

Comment

Not happening again in 2014, huh?

Comment

Um, we did it last month. Have you looked? It's in the projections files.

Comment

I must be blind. I opened up the both the HTML projections for batters and pitchers (Major Leagues) and can't spot the MLBAM ID Numbers .

Comment

They aren't in the htm files. But if you download the CSV files they are included there. There isn't any point that I can see in adding them to the htm files.

Comment

What is an MLBAM ID?

Comment

Originally posted by carlgoetz5 View Post
                    What is an MLBAM ID?
                    It's a player numeric ID issued by MLB Advanced Media. As more and more stats/fantasy sites start to adopt it, it's becoming an easy way to match up player IDs across different sites. For instance, this is how we're integrating the Scoresheet data we introduced a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Thank you. That is useful.

Comment

Working...
                      X