Baseball Forecaster 2012 Content Update page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Forecaster 2012 Content Update page

Just a quick note to let you know that the Content Update page for this year's book now contains corrections and clarifications for some of the issues that have been noted on these boards. We will continue to update it as needed.

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

But what's with the new deal where if you add 1H and 2H seasons of 2011 together they don't add up to the full season value (as they appeared to have done in years past)?

I'm sure there's a technical reason, but from a reading experience it's disorienting and confusing. I'd like to know if Matt Kemp put up a $30 season in the first half and a $32 season in the second half, that equals a $62 season. If there's some other calculation being done where the halves are treated as their own entities and therefore can't add up to full-season values, etc., I think that's a huge tactical and editorial error that not only differs from the way previous years worked but is confusing to wrap one's mind around and, ultimately, probably less helpful as a tool even if, for some reason, it's technically more accurate.

Comment

The two halves should now AVERAGE to the full season value. They should be treated the same way as before; it's just a different reference point and I think a bit more logical. For instance, Asdrubal Cabrera's $26 season might have been divided up as an $18 first half and an $8 second half. Now we can say that he performed as a $33 player in the first half and an $18 player in the second half. Those $33 and $18 levels are more recognizable as standalone values.
      "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
      X