Forum Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Times?

Just noticed that the posting times are based in some odd time zone. I posted something around 4:50 PM EDT but when I went back to look at it, the msg is listed as having been posted at 11:49 AM! That's five hours earlier, which would put it somewhere in he middle of he Pacific (Hawaii??). Is there some logic to basing the system clock on Guam time?
    "Well, in all my years I ain't never heard, seen nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yeah! I'm for debating anything. Rhode Island says yea!"
    - Stephen Hopkins, Delegate from RI in the film "1776"

This is something you can control. Click on the USER CP button at the top of the page and then click on EDIT OPTIONS. Scroll down the page and you can indicate your time offset.

Comment

Originally posted by hqforums
      This is something you can control. Click on the USER CP button at the top of the page and then click on EDIT OPTIONS. Scroll down the page and you can indicate your time offset.
      I don't think the BBS is configured correctly, Ron. I've had my setup set to Eastern Standard Time, and I'm off by 5 hours. I suspect that if I tell the software that I'm in Western Europe (GMT) then it would show the correct "EST" for me. Do you think you can recheck the master Admin setup for this?

Comment

ditto

I am also (at least according to my settings) set correctly to EST.

Maybe its me. I just think I'm in NYC, but I'm actually in Guam.
        "Well, in all my years I ain't never heard, seen nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yeah! I'm for debating anything. Rhode Island says yea!"
        - Stephen Hopkins, Delegate from RI in the film "1776"

Comment

I had the same problem being off by 5 hours when I selected the Eastern time zone. After a few days I switched the time zone, I believe to the regular GMT and now the time is correct.

Comment

The Offset Is Off

It says clearly at the bottom of the Forums screen: