Where can I find player rankings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find player rankings?

Hi - this feels like a very stupid question, but where can I find up to date player rankings? I've been on the following page:

but that still shows Jeter as 1 place behind Quinten if you arrange by $12 column. Speaking of the columns, I don't quite understand what the $12 and $15 columns are for. I click on one of them to sort the players so that I have an idea of overall value, but I have no idea what the metric $12 or $15 means. Maybe I should look harder on the baseballhq website... It would also be nice if you could input your league criteria 5x5, 6x6, # of teams, what categories your league counts, etc.
    Thanks for the help!
    10 TM 6x6 7-11 Keeper $330 Auction Style

One other thing: I subscribe to a fantasy football site that on a game by game basis ranks each player by position based on who they are going up against. They also give you the ability to input your roster and will highlight suggested starters on your team based on who they are playing against and your lineup requirements. To be honest I feel that it is a little like cheating, but use it as a sanity check when making decisions on who I should sit and start. I find it very valuable. I understand that fantasy football has many less players to analyze and many less games to analyze it for, but it would still be interesting if it could be scaled up to baseball. If you're interested the website is called FantasyGuru.com. They use numbers to make the rankings, but also throw in a human element to address small sample sizes, whether there are injury concerns that someone is playing through, etc. Just curious on your take.

Comment

Where you are looking for balance of the year projections is correct. You can see the last update date in the upper left corner.

$12 and $15 are the Rotisserie dollar values in 12-team and 15-team mixed league formats with 14 batters and 9 pitchers per team. That's indicated under the miscellaneous notes here.

If you want custom valuations for your own format, then the place to look is Custom Draft Guides, on the left menu at the subscriber home page. If you need more flexibility than it provides, we offer a discount to purchase RotoLab draft software.

Lastly, there is a new user's guide too.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by AroundTheHorn View Post
        One other thing: I subscribe to a fantasy football site that on a game by game basis ranks each player by position based on who they are going up against. They also give you the ability to input your roster and will highlight suggested starters on your team based on who they are playing against and your lineup requirements. To be honest I feel that it is a little like cheating, but use it as a sanity check when making decisions on who I should sit and start. I find it very valuable. I understand that fantasy football has many less players to analyze and many less games to analyze it for, but it would still be interesting if it could be scaled up to baseball. If you're interested the website is called FantasyGuru.com. They use numbers to make the rankings, but also throw in a human element to address small sample sizes, whether there are injury concerns that someone is playing through, etc. Just curious on your take.
        Predicting the outcomes of single game/matchups or even single weeks has proven to be pretty much a crapshoot so far. Actually, while I'm not a huge football guy, I'd argue that the same is pretty much true in that arena as well.

Comment

Michael - I will definitely check that out. Thanks for the info. I also plan to check out some of Patric Davitt's Excel info.

Ray - I would tend to agree with you fundamentally, but somehow these guys are more often right than wrong. It doesn't mean that they can predict that Peyton Manning will get 35 points exactly on a given day, but they do a very good job saying that Michael Vick should out perform Manning in a particular week on a game by game basis. Maybe baseball is a different animal. I think with football, that due to the amount of time between games, it is easy to put a human element into it that you can't do well enough with baseball due to the fact that there are so many more impact players than there are in football. Anyway, just thought I'd share it with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by AroundTheHorn View Post
            Ray - I would tend to agree with you fundamentally, but somehow these guys are more often right than wrong. It doesn't mean that they can predict that Peyton Manning will get 35 points exactly on a given day, but they do a very good job saying that Michael Vick should out perform Manning in a particular week on a game by game basis. Maybe baseball is a different animal. I think with football, that due to the amount of time between games, it is easy to put a human element into it that you can't do well enough with baseball due to the fact that there are so many more impact players than there are in football. Anyway, just thought I'd share it with you guys.
            Football is much more dependent on matchups than baseball. While neither is easy to predict game-to-game, it's much easier to see that Peyton Manning will have a good day against a porous secondary than to say Prince Fielder will fare better against Tim Lincecum than Adrian Gonzalez will against Felix Hernandez. There is so much randomness in baseball that making such projections is impossible to make with any accuracy.
            "Never make predictions, especially about the future." -- Casey Stengel

Comment

Working...
            X