Custom Draft Guide Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide Question

Hello... I am in three leagues this year, and one league has crazy scoring-- I attempted to enter in the parameters in the Custom Draft function, and upon hitting submit, I got a guide that could not possibly be correct-- Here are the scoring setting for this league:

12 teams

Roster Positions:C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL Batters Stat Categories:Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG) Pitchers Stat Categories:Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

I couldnt even enter errors for Batters or Losses for pitchers under the Rotisserie Format, but even excluding these two categories, the list I had listed Strasbourg as the first pitcher, and Halladay and Lincecum were not even in site....

In an unrelated question, these custom guides have always seperated batters and pitchers--- is there a way to combine the two to get a overall top 300? In the past I just combine them on a spreadsheet and sort by dollar, but maybe I am missing something--

Thanks for any help you can give me!

D

I just replicated those settings, and didn't replicate your results. You should try again. If still stuck, post a screen shot of your input screen.

And combining on a spreadsheet as you've done in the past is the best way to integrate the batter/pitcher rankings. Well, that and the grid view for quick reference.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply--- here is the screen shot

League Parameters:
      Select MACK League: Visit MACK to define a league Use Keepers?: Visit MACK to define a league Sort By: Dollars MMSelect Stat Pool: Projected 2011 Year to Date 2011 Year to Date 2010 Year to Date 2009 Year to Date 2008 Year to Date 2007 Year to Date 2006 Year to Date 2005 Year to Date 2004 Year to Date 2003 Year to Date 2002 Number of Bench Players: Number of Teams: Use Fractional $'s?: Leagues: AL: NL: Force Positions (?) Budget per Team: Valuation Method (?) Balanced Top Players Scarcity Middle Players Offensive Budget: 50% 55% 60% 61% 62% 63% 64% 65% 66% 67% 68% 69% 70% 71% 72% 73% 74% 75% Minimum Bid(?)
      Which positions does your league use? Mark scarce positions if using Scarcity valuation method POFC1B2BSS3BMICIUTScarce?

Select the stats used scoring in your league. A negative weight will reverse the "standard" sorting of a category.
      For example, -1 for Hitting Strikeouts will place the most value in the players with the most strikeouts
      while -1 for Hitting RBI will place the most value in the players with the fewest RBI.
      Points are the literal points. Players are valued at the point amount entered times their projected stats.

Set Categories: 4 x 4 | 5 x 5 Set Scoring Mode: Rotisserie Points

Hitting Stats Used: Weights:
      Pitching Stats Used: Weights:
      HR: Home Runs W: Wins AVG: Batting Average SV: Saves RBI: Runs Batted In WHIP: (W+H/IP) R: Runs Scored ERA: Earned Run Avg SB: Stolen Bases SO: Strike Outs BB: Walks BB: Walks Allowed 2B: Doubles K/BB: Command Ratio H: Hits H: Hits Allowed Net Steals (SB - CS) W-L: Net Wins Strikeouts IP: Innings Pitched SLG: Slugging Percentage BB+H: Walks+Hits Allowed 3B: Triples K/9 OBP: On Base Average Hld: Holds TB: Total Bases Relief: Sv + Hld Runs Produced, R+RBI-HR Net Saves: Sv - BSv Total Bases + Walks Net Relief: Sv - BSv + Hld 2B + 3B Winning Percentage: W / (W + L) OPS Games 1B: Singles L: Losses AB: At-bats ER: Earned Runs PA: Plate Appearances BSv: Blown Saves HR: HR Allowed BB/9 HR/9 QS
      [Notes] [Home]

Comment

ok,well copy and paste didnt work.. hold on a sec and let me try again

Comment

well i got a screenshot, but i an too inept to figure out how to attach the file-- i tried to download it, but got a message saying it was too large to download---here are the parameters i did:
          sort by dollars
          projected 2011
          bench players -3
          number of teams- 12
          al and nl players
          budget for team - 260 (although there is none)
          offensive budget - 50% (done because it looks as though the scoring favors pitching)
          fractional $'s and force positions - left blank
          valuation method - balanced
          minimum bid - 1
          P=12, OF=4, C=1, 1b=1, 2b=1, ss=1, 3b=1, CI=1, UT=1
          set scoring mode: Rotisserie
          hitting stats i checked: HR, AVG, RBI, R, SB, H, Strikouts
          pitching stats i checked :W, SV, ERA, SO, BB, H allow, HR allow

hope you can figure this out!

Unrelated, i printed out Team Depth Charts and notice there is a reliability Grade next to every player... I looked in the glossary, but cant find a definition of what this means--- I am guessing A is best, but dont know what each one stands for for pitchers and hitters....

thanks!

Comment

Yup, that makes sense. Couple of things:

- first of all, take bench slots down to 0. You only want them included in calcs if you're paying auction dollars for them, which you aren't.
            - regarding your categories, you're getting back exactly what you should be. Negative scoring categories aren't going to work in category/rotisserie scoring mode. Look at your pitching categories. You have 3 positive counting stats, one ratio, and three negative counting stats. Who's going to get rewarded in that situation? Guys with great rate stats and no counting stats. In other words, Strasburg.

You need to eliminate or greatly reduce the weighting on those negative categories. Try using WHIP instead of BB and H allowed. Try weighting HR allowed at like 0.33. Same for hitter K's. You'll have to play with it, but something along those lines will give you more representative values.

Comment

Gotcha--- Thanks!

What about the Reliability Grade Question? What does (FBA) mean? Where do I go on the site to find out what the letters mean in each column?

Comment

Glossary. Scroll down into "Advanced concepts" section.

Comment

Working...
                X