2011 Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Projections

What date will next years initial projections be posted on the site?

We're aiming for about December 17.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Michael - any thoughts as to being able to do a player compare? The playerlink database is where I spend a lot of time in analyzing trades or potential free agents in the projections for rest of year. I continue to toggle between player A, B and C, looking at different metrics. Would be great if these can all be compared on one page.
      Thanks

Comment

I don;t really use it, but i think the MACK engine can do that?
        "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
        Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
        28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
        Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

Originally posted by jbluestone View Post
          I don;t really use it, but i think the MACK engine can do that?
          Yes, MACK is your go-to place for easy player comparison. Or open two browser windows and just put their Playerlink historical tabs side-by-side, I do that a lot too.

Comment

I use the two browser window approach too.
            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Do we still anticipate 2011 projections being available on Friday? If so, around what time?

Comment

See this post: Ron announcement

Comment

I use the previous year's final stats and projected stats for the coming season to prepare for my draft. When I selected stats & projections, the YTD is all zeroes. I wish the YTD could be last season's final stats until opening day of this season. I spend an inordinate amount of time combining the two stat lines. One of the biggest (actually main) problem is players appearing in one season and not in the other. Headache for me, probably for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Msorcerer View Post
                    I use the previous year's final stats and projected stats for the coming season to prepare for my draft. When I selected stats & projections, the YTD is all zeroes. I wish the YTD could be last season's final stats until opening day of this season. I spend an inordinate amount of time combining the two stat lines. One of the biggest (actually main) problem is players appearing in one season and not in the other. Headache for me, probably for you?
                    If you go to custom draft guide, you can choose previous years, and you can get all those stats.
                    "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
                    Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
                    28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
                    Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

Prior years of YTD stats are also available at the bottom of the stats/projection page, in addition to the CDG as Josh notes.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                        Prior years of YTD stats are also available at the bottom of the stats/projection page, in addition to the CDG as Josh notes.
                        Is there any way to get 2010 stats to show up in MACK?
                        John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Originally posted by Astros34 View Post
                          Is there any way to get 2010 stats to show up in MACK?
                          No, that gets broken once we zero out the current year in the YTD proj files, sorry.

Comment

The custom draft guide gives me the stats, but it doesn't rank players the way I do. I use data from my league's previous season results to try to get players who will give me the most bang for my bucks. It's all related to my particular league, though, and raw stats don't do me much good. Appreciate the tip anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X