Late Season Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Season Projections

I seem to recall that there was something mentioned about this elsewhere, but I could not easily find it so I thought that it would be okay to toss it out there.

I was trying to see if there was something I could squeeze out of the thin free agent list in our league and I looked to the player projections in the player database. For a number of the players (eg. Morel and Andino), the projections line was blank. I do not think that they are not projected to get any more ABs through the close of the season. Please advise me why this is the case.

Also, with the projections, do they take factors such as the strength of the pitching/hitting opposition that the player will face for the balance of the year or whether the player will be facing a host of call ups on teams that just fell out of the race? Do the factors that are taken into consideration change as the season progresses (eg. greater weight to this year's stats in the minors, vs. career stats, for someone being called up)?

For the reasons you mention as well as a multitude of others, we're really beyond the point where the projections can offer any meaningful value. The sample size of two remaining weeks is just too small. Outcomes from this point forward are unpredictable, as they would be for any two-week period within the season. In fact, over the next couple of days we'll be telling our PT analysts to stop updating their playing time allocations (which is probably what's already happened with the Morel/Andino cases).

Comment

Thanks. It might be good, under the circumstances, if there was a late season addition to the Playing Time Today section that would go team by team to speculate on onging PT and possible production (the stuff that I am doing now with my smaller, less expert database).

Comment

PTT will indeed keep tracking role changes, etc... production, as I mentioned, is basically a crapshoot at this point.

Comment

Working...
        X