Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new PQS rating feature on Starting pitchers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new PQS rating feature on Starting pitchers...

I read the explaination, but am still not clear....
    I think an example would help tremendously adding the words...this is good and ...this is bad..

I look at Zach Greinke this week and it shows "rating" 0.82 for his outing against MINN. It also has Opp Rating of 2.16. To figure out whether I should start Grienke or someone else...what am I looking for?

Am I supposed to look at just one of these?
    ...take the difference?

Help?

It would help if you add, "...the more positive the Rating...the more likely X would happen.." or "...the more negative the rating...the less likely you want to start them..", etc.

Thanks
    League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

The Greinke rating of 0.82 is the "result". We get that by taking his own PQS avg (home or road split) and subtracting that MIn 2.16. There isn't a clear threshold number for good/bad levels, although positive is better and most seem to fall in the -1 to +2 range. I like it most as a comparative tool, comparing one SP to another.

All that said, I would always start Greinke.

Comment

Thanks Ray. That helps. Just to make sure I understand...

If Greinke has a Rating of 0.82
      and
      Haren has a rating of 1.25
      Kennedy has a rating of 1.75

...this says the most likely to do well is Kennedy, Haren, then Grienke...but since all are positive, it is likely all are good options. Yes?
      League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Working...
        X