Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated 5 x 5 dollar values?

First time subscriber here.

Is there a place where the 5 x 5 mixed league dollar values are updated throughout the season?

Thanks in advance

All of the dollar values on the site, both projected and YTD, are updated every day.

The YTD dollar values aren't available yet, as it takes a couple of weeks of play for the data set to get robust enough to generate values.

Does that answer your question?

Comment

Yes

Sort of...

So, Jose Guillen, even though he already has 5 HR, HQ is still projecting only 16 HR and a -$4 value in a 12 team 5 x 5 league today.

Am I reading that right?

Thats not me being a smart aleck...I am just asking...

So, HQ sees this HR spurt as just that, a HR mini binge...

and therefore, no reason to really go out and add him in a typical 12 team 5 x 5 mixed league, correct?

Trying to use the tools to help me navigate my league's waiver wire

Thanks in advance

Loving my subscription BTW

-
      Last edited by Rusty Barr; 04-15-2010, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Yes, you're reading that right. Couple of things to note there, just to make sure you're completely right:

- all values in the projection files and Custom Draft Guide are balance of year values, i.e. from today through the end of the season. If you go to Playerlink, you can see YTD, Balance, and Projected Total all sewn together.
        - what has happened to date this year does influence the projections, but I think we have that mechanism turned off for the first week or two of the season, due to the tiny sample sizes. I think that will get enabled in the next couple of days. When that happens, you'll probably see hot starters like Guillen get a bump.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
          - what has happened to date this year does influence the projections, but I think we have that mechanism turned off for the first week or two of the season, due to the tiny sample sizes. I think that will get enabled in the next couple of days. When that happens, you'll probably see hot starters like Guillen get a bump.
          Thanks

So, will there be an "announcement" of some sort on the Home Page once the tiny sample sizes get added in?
          If not, can I request one? I am very curious to see the impact of the super hot and super cold starts on several players.

Comment

Don't expect a big bump in Jose Guillen's value whenever the YTD numbers start to influence the projections. The influence is fairly small for quite awhile for a player like Guillen who has accumulated substantial playing time in years prior to 2010.
            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

As Michael notes, the impact will be very subtle. The initial max adjustment is just a couple of percentage points, due to the sample. If Guillen stays hot til the end of April, then you'll start to see his projection inflating.

Comment

on a related note...

will these updated values reflect in the weekly updated projections used by Rotolab?

Or do I have to plug all of the leagues' teams in to MACK...

Comment

Rotolab gets our latest projections whenever they update, which I think is Tuesdays and Fridays in-season.

Again, this is so subtle that you're not going to see big changes immediately. Flipping this switch just basically enables changes to start flowing organically over the coming weeks as the data dictates. It's taking the stopper out of the bottle to let the flow begin...

Comment

Working...
                  X