MACK question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK question

I'm trying to create comparable projections for our hitting stats. I've entered in the entire league rosters into MACK and am trying to compare lineups. The problem I'm having is bench players; I have all three on my pitching side while others have one, two, or all three on the offensive side.
    We start eleven offensive players so to balance the rosters I've created formulas dividing by the total batters in their lineups then multipliing by eleven. This brings all roster projections closer to even but obviously doesn't account for the additional stats they receive by utilizing their bench players. Is there a way to tweak my formulas to adjust for this?
    I know this can't be an exact endeavor but would like my guestimates to be as close as possible to see how all the teams stack up.
    ESPN:10 team 9x9 Daily H2H. Auction draft. NON keeper
    C,1B,2B,3B,SS,4xOF, 2xUT
    SP,SP,RP,RP,P,P,P, B,B,B,B,B
    R,H,HR,RBI,SB,BB,K,TB,AVG
    W,L,SV,K,ER, ERA,WHIP,CMD,QS

Fantrax: 16 team 8x8 Daily H2H Snake draft , NON keeper
    C, 1B,2B,3B,SS,INF,LF,CF,RF,OF,UT
    5SP,5RP, 5 bench, 5 IR
    HR,RBI,R,SB, Avg, 2B+3B,OPS,1B+BB
    QS,SV,ERA,HR/9,IRS+H,MWHIP,K-.5BB,W+CG+SO

well my short answer advice is just not to include your bench players in the team total projections. if you're counting stats from a bench player then you're not getting stats from a starter (can't start both of them).

this makes sense unless you are in a daily league - in a daily league you would sit puljols on an off day and get stats from nick johnson, so maybe using some type of formula would help you in a daily league.

Comment

That's exactly what I'm looking for; the correct formula. I don't have any bench players on my offense, so I can't exclude them. My opponents have one to three, so without painstakingly going each through each roster and guessing which player they're going to play, I would like some way to compare rosters. I prefer to have my bench players as SP so I can juggle them with their starts and use all their stats. Obvioulsy when one chooses to use bench player(s) on offense they are going to lose a lot of projected stats due to bench time, but they are also going to gain some stats over me by using those bench players when they can. If I simply prorate each roster down to eleven starters (which I've done) it doesn't account for those stats gained by using the bench players.
      I enjoy the MACK tool and am trying to use it to see where the projections place me in my daily league, but without the right formula it's pointless (in that regard, I am using it in other areas).
      Any math minds out there with a formula?
      Thanks
      C,1B,2B,3B,SS,4xOF, 2xUT

5SP,5RP, 5 bench, 5 IR

Comment

I think overall, you're seeking more precision from the projections than one can reasonably expect. Sorry, probably not the answer you wanted.

Comment

Point taken Ray but the projections are what they are and I know a lot of work goes into them.
          With all due respect all I'm doing is trying to compare rosters of varying sizes. I would like to know how much playing time, percentage wise, to give a bench player over the course of a season.
          Would I possibly get more input from another forum?
          C,1B,2B,3B,SS,4xOF, 2xUT

5SP,5RP, 5 bench, 5 IR

Comment

I think the lack of responses is because this is a league-specific question, that is, it depends on how your league-mates are managing their rosters. Not the kind of thing that the rest of us can answer for you.

I don't have a better answer than what you're doing now, sorry.

Comment

Working...
            X