Player not in Player Link dB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player not in Player Link dB

Hi. I am searching for Mike Petersen, an OF for the Marlins. He is in their camp but not in the database. How or when do players get added? I would like to track Petersen as I am in a very deep league (20+ teams) and he may have some value.

Now you've confused me...

They appear to have an OF Bryan Petersen in camp, and a P Matt Peterson, not sure which one you're interested in. The latter is actually in the Playerlink database already, although not allocated any playing time. We generally won't add a player until we decide to project some MLB playing time for him, and apparently our FLA analyst (Phil@HQ) hasn't reached that point yet.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion; it's Bryan Petersen (OF). It looks like he could make the team, especially if Cody Ross can't go on opening day. I realize we're deep in the weeds, but I'm in a very large league with 30 roster spots (including reserves) per team.

Comment

I'll send a note to Phil about him, thanks.

Comment

Peterson has now been added to the depth chart with a token amount of playing time. He's got one big problem, however, hampering his chances of making the team out of spring training: he's not on the 40-man roster. That means if the Marlins bring him to NYC next week, they have to release somebody. That's not the case with Scott Cousins or Jai Miller. If Ross can't go, my suspicion is that they'll add one of those guys, and then play Barden (who's made the team) and/or Bonifacio.
          "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Confirming what I said last night:

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif
            Marlins reassigned OF Bryan Petersen to minor league camp.
            There's still a chance Cody Ross will start the season on the disabled list, but the Marlins would have had to add Petersen to the 40-man in order to bring him up. They'll likely choose between Jai Miller or Scott Cousins -- both currently on the 40-man -- if Ross is forced to miss the start of the season
            "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Damn. Guess I should not have drafted him in the 25th round last night! Thanks for following up though. This is a good lesson for me to check the 40-man rosters.

Comment

Working...
              X