question about Port3 rankings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about Port3 rankings.

I am a recent subscriber to BHQ and am scouring the site and the book to prepare for my draft.(20 team H2H).
    I am trying to figure out how the filters work.
    For example tier 2 filters being:
    BBB , 80%ct, 100px, 100sx, <$20
    How does AJ Pierzynski with the numbers 88%ct, 73px, and 44sx $11 qualify as a tier 2?
    Does it mean that In order for a player to be ranked as a tier 1 , 2, or three , they only need to hit one or two of the filters?
    Just wondering.

First, there are a lot ( a whole lot) bunch of people here who can help you more then I can but, I'll try to help.

Yes, he does fall into Tier 2, because of his Rel of ABA, over 500 Abs and >80% CT (if he didn't meet the CT%, he could of also met the criteria with either a 100PX or 100SX).

Which is interesting because he is the only CA in Tier2. My question would now be, do/should I plan on drafting him because he is the highest CA in my P3 Plan (higher then Mauer, McCann, etc)? Although, his MM score is 4th highest for CA (45, at the time I ran the CDG).

From my understanding, the P3 is a plan to draft players with the highest consistent skills with high PT (tiers 1 and 2). The only adv., AJP has over Mauer is the REL grades. So, should I draft AJP later in draft and walk away feeling like I have the best CA, skill wise who will probably play more then a lot of other CAs? Did I just gain some sort of advantage in my draft/roster by getting him (I know no one knows for sure until the end of the season). This is where I am getting a little confused.

Sorry, I probably have more questions then answers......

Comment

Welcome PC....

Quick table of criteria here. Notice the OR relationship between PX and SX.

Let us know if you have further questions....

Comment

Working...
      X