Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible improvements to Historical stats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible improvements to Historical stats?

I) Any chance HQ can supplement their 1st half/2nd half splits by showing them for every season a player spent in the majors, and not just the last?

I usually look at season splits to determine future performance. Im sure most of us do. Thats how a lot of us landed the '08 Mclouths, '09 Werths, the Zobrists etc. These days ive been looking back at breakouts to try and understand what happened to them. For example, I looked up most of the '09 breakouts in Reynolds, Werth, Zobrist, Hill, Sandoval, Ubaldo, Wandy etc. My goal was explore their prior seasons statistics to see what may have led to the breakout. Giving us access to that historical data would be quite helpful in completing this research. It would also help filter out purely '2nd half players' (assuming they exist) and those who actually improved year on year. Also, and im not sure but arent 1st half/2nd half splits are a fairly big theme on this site, with respect to predicting breakouts?

ii) Maybe HQ could add more categories too

Not infrequently will the Baseball Forecaster's blurb on each player site stats/BPIs that arent available to us regular folk under the HIstorical stats. Some examples include SB%, LH/RH splits, hr/f etc.. I understand you dont want to clutter the page but whats listed now seems a tad on the skinny side.

Perhaps we could trade these 2 items for the weekly page (unless you include a graph). Anyway, I guess my point is I spend 90% of my fantasy time on HQ and it would be great to have everything in one place, and it seems like a fairly easy fix. Its a pain to go to the obscure websites and look up similar player stats. Right?

Your consideration is appreciated!
    Last edited by casesensitive; 02-08-2010, 11:45 AM. Reason: typos
    Two 12 team mixed points hth keeper leagues

another good example is billy butler.

HQ Forecaster:
    Nice growth year as he improved across the board in 2nd half. Skills don't yet support a .300 BA, but the pieces (esp. v. RHP) are coming together. Extending the 2nd half line... UP: 30 HR

Im looking at his '09 splits and on the second half he hit .382/.539/.920 with a 10%BB and a 84%CT. What in that skill set doesnt support a 0.300BA? Sure his GBs were high at 46% but his xBA was .296. Thats close. It must must other factors that we dont have access too. H% maybe?
    Two 12 team mixed points hth keeper leagues

Comment

The impact of an unsustainable H% is already stripped out when looking at H%. I'd guess that the comment refers to the xBA of .296 in the second half and a lower xBA for the year as a whole.

I didn't write the Butler comment, but I'd be mildly surprised if the writer was thinking of some other hidden data when he wrote it.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

I thought I responded to this post yesterday, but I guess I didn't. Anyway, we'll soon be unveiling an enhanced Playerlink, and (not to give away the store) the historical tab will look a heck of a lot more like the Forecaster box.

Comment

Nice. This is going to be a big help.

Comment

If I may put in a request, I would really appreciate eye ratios listed on playerlink. I know I can figure it out with the BB and CT rates but considering how important an indicator it is, I think it deserves a spot there.

Comment

JRyu... Eye is there, right on the BPI line.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                JRyu... Eye is there, right on the BPI line.
                I think he's referring to the Historical tab. Actually, I've always wanted to see SX there. Maybe we can widen the page?
                Last edited by Tom_T; 03-12-2010, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Oh, got it. We have a Playerlink redesign in the works that will greatly blow out the historical tab, essentially making it look like a Forecaster box. And yes, we'll be widening the page as part of that.

Comment

Thanks Ray! Sounds great and I look forward to the updates.

Comment

Working...
                    X