Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why will part of Home Page Menu be removed on July 1st?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why will part of Home Page Menu be removed on July 1st?

As per the following message appearing on HQ's home page:

The menu items below will be removed on July 1.
    What will the menu be replaced by? I enjoy the current set-up since it's easy to navigate -- just curious how the items listed on the current menu will be found.

RIP Paco de Lucia.

It always amazes me how few people read the notes in the center of the home page:
    "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by RON@HQ View Post
      It always amazes me how few people read the notes in the center of the home page:
      http://www.baseballhq.com/members/where.shtml
      RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

I dislike the new setup; I can't remember what day each column updates so I relied on them being listed on Wednesday or Thursday so I would know when something new would be there. I don't visit the site daily (I don't have the time or reliable daily Internet access) and I wish you could still access the daily Market Watches (not just the one for the current day) from the front page.

Is there a place where ALL of the weekly columns are listed in the SAME PLACE so I can see what I need to read? I'm referring to the Speculator, Buyers Guides, etc.
        John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Astros.... if you click on each of the "Command Center" links, those menus expand to include an entry for each column. All of the Daily MW links are under "News and Analysis", for instance... right on the left-hand menu. So just go there if you want to catch up on a few days worth of reading. If you go to "Research & Analysis", similarly, you'll find Speculator, Market Pulse, Ron's column, etc.

If you were a big user of the left-hand menu before, you should be able to keep working that way if you like. It's just that the menu expands/collapses now, but all of the same content should still be there.

Comment

And if you just want to access the most recent updates of the past week, the center column is where they are all scrolled each day.
            "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

I like it. It's hard to beat a page where everything is in one place.

Comment

Better yet, use the new RSS feed. I have it installed at the top of my toolbar. Simply click on it, and a list of all the articles drop down. Nothing better than that!

Comment

Thanks, guys. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks and I appreciate it!
                  John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Thanks for adding the box with Today's New Content to the sidebar. It was very annoying trying to remember what gets updated which day and sorting through the menus. This is much handier and user-friendly. Kudos!

Comment

Working...
                    X