Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron's Articles

Hi, all:

Is there a way to access Ron's articles prior to 3/19? I was looking for the Draft Alert articles, specifically.

Thanks!

Rick
    14-team Mixed 5x5: Hitting: OBP, Runs, Steals, HR, RBI; Pitching: Ws, Saves, Ks, ERA, WHIP

If they've been removed from the Command Center page, the best (although goofy) way to do it is to edit the URLs. Go to the oldest column in Command Center, and note that the article title in the URL contains the date. Change the date by 7 days at a pop, you should get the previous week.

I'm travelling and on a slow dial-up connection at the moment, or else I'd do it for you and post the link here. Hope this is sufficient to get you going.

Comment

Try http://www.baseballhq.com/subscribe/rs/rs040312.shtml for March 12th. Then change the 12 to 05 for March 5th, etc.
      "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thanks, Gentlemen

Your suggestions worked and I was able to access the articles by modifying the URLs.

Is there another way BBHQ could make access to these older articles easier? How about archiving them in a section in RotoHQ or in BBHQ's Archive section? Just a thought.
        14-team Mixed 5x5: Hitting: OBP, Runs, Steals, HR, RBI; Pitching: Ws, Saves, Ks, ERA, WHIP

Comment

I obviously don't speak for Ron, but FYI, these types of requests are under consideration. BHQ is aware that the current search engine is crappy. Eventually we'll have either a better search engine, or a full archive, or both.

Comment

A Short-Term Option?

I was just trying (unsuccessfully) to access a John Burnson article from earlier this year and searched this forum to see if others had similar frustrations with article archives. I guess there really is no easy way to access them at this point (but thanks for pointing out the URL method).

While a full archive or improved search engine would be outstanding, it would be a great start and extremely valuable for a relatively new subscriber like me just to have a simple webpage with a list of highly-regarded articles (with links) to browse. Specifically, I'm thinking of the "thought pieces" that discuss new statistics or strategies or analysis techniques.

Everyone at HQ, from Ron to the writing team to the subscribers, probably remembers a few such articles that they thought were particularly interesting. We could probably develop a good list pretty quickly.

Is this a short-term possibility as longer-term projects like a full archive or search engine upgrade are in development?
            @edecaria

Comment

Actually, your suggestion is something we are working on right now. We hope to have a searchable library function available very soon, and the new design of the website this winter will include links to important essays in each sub-section.

RON@HQ

Comment

Working...
              X