TQStats/FAB questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TQStats/FAB questions

Two questions about using FAB in TQSTATS.
    (1) I want to pick up Urbina and put him in the starting lineup while moving a player to the bench. Assuming I bid enough, how do I do handle the program to do that?

(2) If I use FAB to pick up Urbina, do I need to make other moves from bench to roster and back through FAB, or do I use the lineup changes feature of TQSTATS?

Probably be wiser to contact TQ as we have nothing to do with them, and rules vary from league-to-league.

In our TQ league, you make a FAAB bid on the "Make Moves | Free Agent Bids" page, and putting in a bid requires you to make either a matching waiver/reserve move or a contingent move. If your league operates normally, you would have to remove some pitcher from your active list to make room for your FAAB acquisition, no?

You can make positional realignments through the "Lineup Changes" page.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

TQ stats only permits the commissioner to call them in our league. I was hoping that someone on this site would have an answer since so many use FAAB with TQSTATS. I know how to replace an active pitcher with a free agent pitcher; I know how to replace a bench player with a free agent pitcher. What I am not sure how to do (and do not know if it is possible to do) is to pick up a free agent pitcher, waive a bench player, and have the free agent pitcher put on the active roster sending another pitcher to the bench.

Comment

I'm commish in a TQ league -- the commish has to turn off the default option "Commissioner handles everything" under the setup box labeled "How do team owners add free agents to their lineups?" There's an option in there labeled "Highest bidder, using FAAB."

Like almost everything on the new TQ site design, it requires an Easter egg hunt, but it's there.

(Added edit: There's a separate option on a separate page to allow teams to add players straight to bench/reserves/DL -- that may be off even if the FAAB option is on...)

Comment

Working...
        X