Custom Draft Guide - Additional Sorting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide - Additional Sorting

Is there a way to choose only specific teams when creating a customized draft? My league uses all of AL, NL East, and 3 teams in NL Central.

Unfortunately, we don't have this capability right now. Sorry.

Comment

To offer a plug, though... Rotolab can do this.

Comment

But doesn't Rotowire use different values for all players than Baseball HQ?

Comment

Originally posted by ajpaltro View Post
          But doesn't Rotowire use different values for all players than Baseball HQ?
          RotoLAB, not RotoWire. RotoLab imports HQ projections, and offers a discount to HQ subscribers if you order through us.

Comment

It seems as if it doesn't work on Macs. I only own a Mac

Comment

It seems as if it doesn't work on Macs. I only own a Mac
              if you can get a copy of windows xp, then get VMware Fusion you can then rotolab, thats what I do. VMware fusion will run you about $60 it's just a matter of tracking down a suitablewindows os on the cheap. i've also heard of people buying a cheap laptop for around $100 on ebay or craigslist, just to run rotolab.

Comment

Thanks for your insight!! That sounds like a lot of work/money!!! I'll have to evaluate how important it is to me. Can't they just produce a Mac version........jeez!

Comment

Thanks for your insight!! That sounds like a lot of work/money!!! I'll have to evaluate how important it is to me. Can't they just produce a Mac version........jeez!
                  The overhead of writing a whole separate version for the Mac codeline, when many Mac users have Windows emulation software anyway, doesn't add up. Merv's great, but he's a one-man operation.

Comment

Ray is right. But the biggest issue is there are a lot of 3rd party controls (especially the grids) in RotoLab, that have no Mac versions either. The drag-and-drop player moves on the Roster screen, for example are possible because of some special event handling that is built into the Roster grid. A grid for the Mac simply wouldn't have the same functionality, I'd be re-writing a LOT of custom code from the ground up. I can't justify more than doubling the development effort for maybe a 10% bump in sales. Especially when there are programs like Fusion that will run it just fine.

-Merv
                    RotoLab

Comment

Is there a way to choose only specific teams when creating a customized draft? My league uses all of AL, NL East, and 3 teams in NL Central.
                      a way to do it with the Custom Draft Valuator is to figure out the ratio of Roto teams to Major league teams in your league and then figure out what the number of Roto teams would be with that same ratio to the Majors as a whole and then use that number for the number of teams in the custom valuator. such as if you had 12 roto teams and 20 major league teams, that .6 roto:majors the equivelent of 19 roto to 32 majors so use 19 teams in the Custom Valuator and make it a mixed league that would give a rough estimate for the value of players in your hybrid league.

Comment

Working...
                      X