HELP! League Criteria for Custom Draft Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! League Criteria for Custom Draft Value

My draft is Friday afternoon and I have a question for determining how to best select the criteria for using the Custom Draft values.

I play in a standard roto 4x4 NL only league and my hittter/pitcher dollar split is typical...so no problem here.

My league has 10 teams. However, each team carries a 10 man (non-specific position assignment and no quota for hitter/pitcher ratio). We did this many years ago to reward those who study deep and further dilute the free agent pool.

So do I use:

A: 10 team 14 hitters / 9 pitchers...this would not take into account the reserve roster players.

or

B: 10 team 21 hitters / 12 pitchers (which is close to the typical brakeout ratio)...this would take into account the reserve rosters players and better reflect the free-agent pool dilution.

Any quick help would be GREATLT APPRECIATED!!!!!

or something else?
    "Get your a** back there! The only thing you know about pitching is that you can't hit it". ~Bob Gibson to his catcher Tim McCarver when McCarver approached him on the mound.

Are those reserve players a part of the auction?

If not (which is the case in most leagues), choose A. You don't want your reserve players to be valuated because they have no auction value. They'll still appear on the reports as sub-zero valued players.

If so, then choose B.

Comment

We work off a straight draft with no auction.

All 10 reserve players are drafted during the draft after the active rosters are filled by all teams.

The only "counting" players for ACTIVE stat purposes are the 14 batters and 9 pitchers that are on the active roster. The 10 reserve players' stats do not count from week to week.

However, they will be gone from the free agent pool for purposes of having to replace a player.

Therefore I'm assuming B. Is this correct?
      "Get your a** back there! The only thing you know about pitching is that you can't hit it". ~Bob Gibson to his catcher Tim McCarver when McCarver approached him on the mound.

Comment

Either way, but I'd probably opt for A.

If you choose A, that will provide you with a ranked list of players for the main part of the draft. Any of those players undrafted, plus all the sub-zero players would constitute your reserve pool. This option helps you differentiate between truly draftable players and fringe players.

If you choose B, it will give positive ranked value for all players in your pool. Option B will also will force the batting/pitching split you've chosen for the reserve round. If you want to do that, fine, but option A does give you more flexibility.

RON@HQ

Comment

Thanks for the quick response!

I'll opt for "A" based on your explination...it's makes more sense now that I've had a minute or two to think about it.

Comment

Working...
          X