Forcaster Pitcher and Hitter Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forcaster Pitcher and Hitter Projections

Is there anyway that I would be able to use/change the Forcasters electronic projections into an excell file.

I would like to use the "conditional format" command on the the catagories to see which way the players "Player Metrics" are trending.

Example: Set the column for the Pitcher's Dom to color the cell Green if the value is above 8.0, Yellow if it's in the 7's, and orange if it's in the 6's.

I did this by hand last year and found it very useful tool. I would really appricate any help that would save me sometime.

Thanks,

J Met
    14 team H2H 5x5 (C,1B,2B,3B,SS,3 OF, 2 UT, 5 SP, 3 RP)
    keeper league (5 keepers can be kept up to 3 years - NO contracts)
    snake draft - top 7 teams make playoffs team with best record who didn't make playoffs gets 1st pick overall.

16 team H2H 6x6 (H + Holds) - (C,1B,2B,3B,SS,4 OF, 2 UT, 5 SP, 4 RP)
    keeper league (5 keepers can be kept up to 3 years - NO contracts, Loose the round draft pick you used when drafting player)
    snake draft - worst team gets first pick overall

Any particular reason it has to be the Forecaster projections? Download the projections in Excel form here on the web site, and conditional format to your heart's content. Online projections are more current anyway.

Comment

Any Multiple year summery for Players with thier "Player Metrics" would be helpful.

I am looking for a multiple year summary. The straight upward and downward trends are easier to read and helpful in what the last years numbers actually mean. Which is helpful in a draft for a guy like me who's always searching for upside. And for a player I would completely discount at the 3rd round suddenly starts falling to the 6th round I can easily do a quick scan of his stats and get a better picture of what the numbers mean pretty fast. If there's a dramatic jump for a pitcher it's looking to see what was said during the jump or slide (new pitch/injury/problems away from baseball).

But, its really the blips that help the most once the season starts. Where if there's noise about an injury that helps.... If there noise about a shoulder problem for a player being able to look for if it's reoccurring from an earlier time and searching at that particular time frame where a downward blip occurred.

Basically it helps me understand the numbers at a quicker pace when it is needed.

Thanks,

Joe
      snake draft - top 7 teams make playoffs team with best record who didn't make playoffs gets 1st pick overall.

keeper league (5 keepers can be kept up to 3 years - NO contracts, Loose the round draft pick you used when drafting player)

Comment

Sorry, we don't have the raw Forecaster data pages in Excel format. Couple of things that may help:

- there are multiple years of season-ending stats archived here on the site, you could take those and manipulate them into the format you seek.
        - if you bought the Forecaster directly from HQ, you've received an email inviting you to download the PDF version. You might be able to move that data to Excel, I've never tried it.
        - Rotolab gives a multi-year BPI view that sounds like what you're describing.

Those are the only options I can think of, off the top of my head.

Comment

Ray, I tried to copy and paste it in to excell on 2 different computers (saw in another post about difference types of browers may work) with no luck. If the excell file does make its way onto the site please shoot me out an e-mail.

Thanks,

Joseph

Comment

It may take some cleaning up, but if you copy and past from a pdf to excel, then Data/Text to columns and delimit it by spaces, I think that will get the job done

Comment

Or you could copy/paste the PDF data to a Word doc, use Search-and-Replace to standardize the delimiters (I always use a weird character like the tilde "~"), save as text and import to Excel as delimited text. I do this a lot.
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Working...
              X