Updated Portfolio 3 Tiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Portfolio 3 Tiers

Just wondering if the site will include updated P3 tiers from what is in the forecaster.

I had been tinkering with copying the projections into Excel, but this gets a bit cumbersome when you try to sort and filter with the new REL scores. I did note that a player or two (I can't remember who, though) had dropped out of Tier 1 with the 1/1/09 projections.

Thanks!
    "Well, Buhner was a good prospect, no question about it. But my baseball people loved Ken Phelps's bat. They kept saying 'Ken Phelps, Ken Phelps.' "

Oops, missed this before.

Ron's going to include P3 lists with his column on P3 revisions, which I believe runs this week.

Comment

Thanks, Ray. I was actually hoping that the P3 tiers would/could become a running pre-season feature, kind of like the Buyer's Guides that change regularly as players meet or stop meeting the filters. But for those of us with Rotolab, it's a moot issue.
      "Well, Buhner was a good prospect, no question about it. But my baseball people loved Ken Phelps's bat. They kept saying 'Ken Phelps, Ken Phelps.' "

Comment

I did want to mention that this is the first iteration of Port3 on RotoLab. There will definitely be some changes, as well as access to the PX, SX, and CT parameters so that you can change them before you run the filters. Waiting on some more info before I proceed.

-Merv
        RotoLab

Comment

Very cool, Merv, thanks.

Comment

Merv, if I could make one suggestion, can you change the default colors that are used? I find it very hard to distinguish the two shades of orange at a quick glance.

FWIW, in my own spreadsheets I was using yellow = Tier 1, light orange = Tier 2, light blue = Tier 3.

Comment

rotolab port3 color

could you please list the current color definitions for port3 on rotolab? i have been searching for this info but can't seem to find it.

many thanks

Comment

jk88, send Merv an email at 'info@rotolab.com'.

Comment

Originally posted by jk88 View Post
                  could you please list the current color definitions for port3 on rotolab? i have been searching for this info but can't seem to find it.
                  The darker color orange is Tier 1, then Tier 2, with the lightest being Tier 3. But hold off on Port 3, I am finisihing up work on changing the system to match the new BHQ article on Port 3 that was posted last Friday. Should have it done late tomorrow night. The colors are going to get changed as well to better be able to tell the 3 Tiers apart.

-Merv
                  RotoLab

Comment

thanks guys!

very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by pate View Post
                      But hold off on Port 3, I am finishing up work on changing the system to match the new BHQ article on Port 3 that was posted last Friday. Should have it done late tomorrow night.
                      Should be done tomorrow night or Wednesday, got hit with a stomach bug second half of last week and couldn't do much coding.

-Merv

Comment

I just posted the first Port 3 update, can you take a look at it:

Shut down RotoLab before installing. I have NOT added buttons to show the individual Tiers on the Draft screen, will be doing that this weekend.

All of the Port3 parameters are on it's own page now and you can adjust any of the parameters. Also, this is straight out of the article, it is NOT a managed list (meaning you can't add and remove players from the Tiers on an ad hoc basis, I will look at that for next season). Send an e-mail to info@rotolab.com if anything is missing or not working correctly.

-Merv
                        RotoLab

Comment

Port 3

Does the new Port 3 Tab in Rotolab 9.09 allow for creating the 3 subtiers in the 1st Group described in BF 2009?
                          You can observe a lot by watching.

Comment

Originally posted by pluggers View Post
                            Does the new Port 3 Tab in Rotolab 9.09 allow for creating the 3 subtiers in the 1st Group described in BF 2009?
                            I took it out as a sub-tier for two reasons: First, it was kind of confusing to some users. 3 distinct tiers is much easier to get their hands around. But more importantly, you can adjust the Tiers so easily and that is really all the sub-tier is meant for. The article has to take into account that more people are doing this by hand or at best on an Excel spreadsheet, and have to walk into the draft with pre-printed lists. Not so with RotoLab, just go to the Port3 screen and for the second tier, just change the REL grade minimums from BBB to BCC and Tier 2 will grow. In fact you can adjust ANY of the parameters to tighten or loosen your descriptions of any of the 3 tiers. You may, for example, want to drop the CT% down to 75 if you have the BAVG to cover it. You can do the same thing with Power and Speed depending on your needs / situation. Its all adjustable now.

-Merv
                            RotoLab

Comment

Found a minor bug in the Pitchers REL filter, will fix this evening. Version 9.10 will be posted tonight or tomorrow and will allow you show just individual Tiers on the Cheat Sheet.

-Merv

Comment

Working...
                              X