RSS Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Feed

So, I asked this question last year, and it was unavailable, so figured I'd try again.

Any chance we could get the front page daily articles set up on an RSS feed, so they could be read in RSS feed reader? I don't' imagine this would be all that difficult, and you can still keep track of stats based on number of subscribers to the threads. It would nice to be able to subscribe to a feed from a forum thread as well.

Just getting in my requests early. . .

Thanks!

I'll again second this idea.

Edit: fixed serious typo, must of been pretty out of it last night.
    Last edited by jbluestone; 12-26-2008, 10:20 AM.
    "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
    Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
    28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
    Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

Originally posted by jbluestone View Post
      I'll again we one this idea.
      Whatchutalkinabout Willis?
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
      Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

It's still on our to-do list. We really do appreciate the benefit. Couple of things standing in the way:

- the FSV acquisition is a factor in this, as they have some ideas for redesigning the site that may make RSS easier to accomplish. So we're a little reluctant to invest tech resources in doing the RSS when we might wait and just get it as a "free benefit" of another piece of work.
        - when it comes time to doling out our tech resources to various projects and initiatives, inevitably when the choice comes down to giving you guys a completely new feature vs. making a current one more convenient, we're usually going to opt for the new feature. Not to say that it's always an either/or (and I know you'd like to have both), but if you had to choose between, say, getting MACK 2.0 last summer, vs getting a bunch of new categories added to the Custom Draft Guide tool, vs. doing the RSS feeds... well, the RSS feeds are going to lose that face-off pretty consistently.

Anyway, long way around of saying "we know you want it, and we want to give it to you. But I don't know exactly when you'll get it."

Comment

I "third" this idea. It's definitely something I would like to see.

Comment

FSV acquisition

Ray,
            What is the FSV acquistion. Is someone buying the BaseballHQ site?

Comment

Originally posted by robert finkelstein View Post
              Ray,
              What is the FSV acquistion. Is someone buying the BaseballHQ site?
              Somebody already did.
              MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

FSV acquisition

How will this affect the site? How long ago did the acquisition take place?

Comment

Almost a year ago. The site certainly hasn't changed much since then. Ron is still under contract, the editors are still around, the forums haven't changed. I think you'll find that things will remain as they are or maybe even add new features to the old ones.

Comment

They've really lowered the standards and started hiring guys like Nick to be moderators!

Just kiddin' Nick - you know we love ya!
                    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
                    Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus_ls View Post
                      They've really lowered the standards and started hiring guys like Nick to be moderators!

Just kiddin' Nick - you know we love ya!
                      Now where's my ban power when I really need it ...

Comment

Admittedly I'm a newbie to the whole power of RSS feeds, but I've found them really useful by adding them to my Firefox toolbar. I think click on it and it drops down all the posts from another message board I frequent. Pretty cool functionality. Same for Facebook Status.

I'd LOVE to have same functionality for HQ Forums.

Comment

Working...
                        X