Where is this week's injury report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is this week's injury report?

From Dr. HQ. Unless I'm mistaken it should have been up this morning.

Checking...

Comment

I think there may have been a miscommunication. Rick is on vacation with no internet access but was supposed to submit his column before he left. That didn't happen. Sorry.
      "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the follow-up anyway.

Comment

That makes two consecutive weeks w/ no injury report. The one from two weeks ago wasn't your typical report because it didn't update specific players, rather it talked about a mid-season "injury pace" across all of MLB.

Not a huge deal, but the Injury Report is one of my fave items on HQ so it's a bummer to have to three weeks between *normal* columns.
          "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance." -- James Madison

Comment

No Dr. HQ again this week? Long vacation for Rick? ....not that he doesn't deserve one :-)

Comment

His report is there, just mis-dated. I've fixed it.
              "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Duhhhhhhh, my bad (for not reading past the date).....thanks, Ron!

Jack

Comment

A correction to today column regarding Matsui?

"It is never a good thing when a player develops fluid on a knee that was surgically repaired less than a year earlier. Matsui had surgery to repair cartilage damage on his right knee last offseason in Japan. ... The Yankees tried to protect him by using him in the DH role this year, but his knee did not hold up. .... He will have surgery to repair the damage, and the Yankees hope he will be ready to go next spring."
                  Other outlets are reporting this latest knee problem is with his left knee, not the one he had surgery on last year. Also, Matsui has elected to not have surgery -- on either of his knees.
                  "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance." -- James Madison

Comment

Looks to me like a decision on surgery has not been reached yet, fischer... but as I read Rick, I think he says it's coming sooner or later.

Comment

Rick had an update re: Matsui at his web site today, figured it would be ok to share in the interests of clarifying the earlier report here at HQ:

Hideki Matsui (OF, NYY)
                      Matsui elected not to have surgery on his left knee before the end of the season. Does this mean his owners can rejoice in the fact they will get him back? No. He does need surgery to repair cartilage damage in the knee and it will happen either after the season or once he is convinced he will not be back this season. He may have other medical issues also. If Matsui had agreed to have surgery his season was definitely was over, at least the window is open at the moment. Unfortunately, it is barely open because he has a serious knee injury. He (and the Yankees) are hoping they get lucky and he can give then some at-bats. If he can, nothing is lost because he will have surgery once the season is over. Do not hold your breath waiting for him to be activated and to put a charge into your offense. It is not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X