HQ Valuation Stats Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQ Valuation Stats Question

In an H2H points league, trying to set up custom draft projections, however having problems with the valuation stats.

The site states "a negative weight will reverse the 'standard' sorting of the category." So a -1 for Ks will put the most value in that. However, in my league, a player receives -1 points for Ks, -1 for CS, -.25 for ABs (receives 2.25 for a hit). How do I account for this on the valuator? My understanding is that a -1 in a category actually treats the negative stat as a positive, which is obviously what I don't want.

Thanks for your help.

We're going to be rolling out an enhancement to the Custom Valuator that will allow for support for points-based leagues. Right now, the category weights will only get you in trouble if you are trying to use them to approximate points systems.

Stay tuned...

Comment

First release of points support went up tonight.
      While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
      --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the update, one question though.

With points as the scoring mode, does that mean that a -1 is now truely a -1? Meaning that, in a vacuum, a batter with a high K rate will be valued lower than a player with a low K rate?

Thanks again, great work as always.

Corey

Comment

Yes, I made a note to myself to update the help. In points mode, the number entered is the literal points per stat. For a batter with -1 points per K those with lower K totals will be worth more. You can always test you're seeing expected behavior by valuing one category at a time.
          While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
          --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X