G/L/F %'s in Projection Files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G/L/F %'s in Projection Files?

Are there any plans to add G/L/F %'s to the pitcher projection files? I'd like to have that data when doing my sorting and filtering.

Thanks

Generally speaking, you're better off looking at the historical data for G/L/F rather than projected data. And we try to be sensitive to not adding extraneous columns to the projection files, since we disturb a lot of people's macros and stuff like that.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
        Generally speaking, you're better off looking at the historical data for G/L/F rather than projected data. And we try to be sensitive to not adding extraneous columns to the projection files, since we disturb a lot of people's macros and stuff like that.
        I second West's question, almost. i think last year's %'s would be good data to include in the 08 projections.

as for disturbing people's "macros"...please...they can't be THAT lazy, can they?

Comment

I think there has been plenty of feedback on these forums about minimizing changes to the projection file formats. It's not my pet peeve, but many others have complained in the past about it.
          "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I think there has been plenty of feedback on these forums about minimizing changes to the projection file formats. It's not my pet peeve, but many others have complained in the past about it.
            why not put out two projection files, one for the "macro" players, and one for the "real" players. the % data IS valuable. i guess the "macro" guys don't think so.

Comment

I was able to create a macro which doesn't have a problem with the categories in any order. I didn't need to make any adjustments for the holds/blown saves....
              "Give that fan a contract!" - Rex Barney

He's throwing a 2 hit shutout and he's shaking me off, can you believe that sh**! Charlie, here comes the deuce; and when you speak of me, speak well. - Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Yardsmen GM View Post
                I was able to create a macro which doesn't have a problem with the categories in any order. I didn't need to make any adjustments for the holds/blown saves....
                watchout, you could be blackballed from the "macro" community for revealing that info

Comment

There are ways to sidestep the problem of added columns or changes to column heads. As for the suggestion that there be one version for "macro" and another for "real" players (an inaccurate distinction, IMHO), there kind of is already--"macro" players (presumably Excel users) can get the CSV files.
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Despite my deflections above, we're taking a look at getting this change made. No timetable yet, stay tuned.

Comment

Despite my deflections above, we're taking a look at getting this change made. No timetable yet, stay tuned.
                      Thanks Ray.

Comment

Thanks Ray. And thanks Gordon seconding my request.

Comment

Is there any news one way or the other on this?

Thanks

Comment

I'll check.

Comment

Coming very soon, I'm told. It's already been added to the Playerlink pages, just a matter of incorporating into the files now.

Comment

Working...
                              X