BB & K figures on Ballpark Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB & K figures on Ballpark Page

I'm probably going to feel stupid after I ask this, but on the ballpark factors page, I get R, BA (L and R), and HR, but I'm not sure I'm grasping the BB & K factors there. Blue, of course, is for advantage and red for disadvantage. Is this advantage/disadvantage to the hitter or the pitcher? Could someone please explain? Thanks.
    12-team 5x5 mixed straight draft with max of 6 GS/week

I get these crossed up every now and then. When in doubt while looking at the chart, use Coors as your guide. Blue favors hitters, red favors pitchers.

Comment

Blue favors hitters, red favors pitchers.

Okay, but why is a hitter 12% more likely to strike out at Coors? It can't be the pitching. Is it the thin air? Am I even reading that right? It's red (the 12% figure) so the that means it's 12% easier for a pitcher to strike out a batter at Coors? Why? And if that's the case, why does Kauffman provide such a great venue for K's?

Comment

I would theorize that the Coors K rate is reflecting that a greater %age of outs in that park come by the K. With so many balls in play dropping for hits, that makes some intuitive sense for me.

I can't explain Kauffman, though.

Comment

Park effects on BB and K can also be due to favorable or unfavorable sight lines and hitting background conditions.

RON@HQ

Comment

All good sense. Thanks, guys.

Comment

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Coors a low batter K rate in 2002? I thought that was one of the reasons that P Wilson would reduce his K rate in the projections for '03.
              5x5 10 Team Deep NL Keeper, 5x5 12 Team Mixed

Comment

Working...
              X