"official" Team X threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pahoard View Post
    I'm just saying please throw those nuggets out on it's own thread and please keep the rest of it neatly tucked away in the team threads.
    This of course is an excellent idea. Take for example the Cabrera/Garland trade that became it's own thread. Much better than if that were buried in an "Official LAA offseason thread" between posts 325 and 364!

We definitely should put prime news in a highlighted place, especially since Market Watch is not going in the offseason.

Originally posted by pahoard View Post
    But I don't have time to sift through all the chest bumping and bravado to find that nugget.
    I mean this respectfully: It's a voluntary process and if you don't have the time that is your problem, not the person voluntarily using their time to provide that nugget. I value the effort people put into the boards making the dialogue VERY valuable so I have to respect if they want to get something else out of it rather than just giving me my info. That's what all that "chest thumping" is - socializing that makes it worth their time to bother posting in the first place. (If we were talking about the paid service, such as Market Watch, I would feel differently.)

That said, I'll say again it benefits everyone to highlight important info of course.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
    Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
      Yeah, if you want to compare "our" 4-page thread to their 1500-post monstrosity. (And that doesn't even include "A-Rod opts out".)
      That you passed up the opportunity to point out how much less time Sox fans have had for their offseason thread is somewhat baffling... You've really lost a step.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus_ls View Post

I mean this respectfully: It's a voluntary process and if you don't have the time that is your problem, not the person voluntarily using their time to provide that nugget. I value the effort people put into the boards making the dialogue VERY valuable so I have to respect if they want to get something else out of it rather than just giving me my info. That's what all that "chest thumping" is - socializing that makes it worth their time to bother posting in the first place. (If we were talking about the paid service, such as Market Watch, I would feel differently.)

That said, I'll say again it benefits everyone to highlight important info of course.
        I agree with your points.

Comment

Working...
        X