Cleveland First Pitch Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland First Pitch Forum

"Cubs-Indians, so we can hear all about the I-90 series, and so I can see what the commute might be like if we decide to do a Chicago-Cleveland weekend for First Pitch next March. "

Please do Cleveland!!

Thanks.

We are seriously considering it.
    "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

I can just see Ron et. al. swatting at bugs with copies of the Forecaster.

Comment

That is great to hear.

I think this venue would draw from all of Ohio (and other adjacent areas) and even Northern Kentucky. Living in Cincinnati, I could never justify a 5 hour drive or a flight to Chicago for a half day event. A 2 1/2 hour drive to Cleveland would be an attractive alternative.

Comment

The problem is, we did Cleveland in 2003 and only drew about 15 attendees. We're looking at some new alternatives to boost attendance for 2008 that might make Cleveland more feasible. We'll be making a decision before Thanksgiving.
          "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Here's a vote for the two-day seminar in Tampa. But you have to go where the attendees are, no question.
            What's the rumpus?

Comment

catman2 and friends--

Just brainstorming a little--I live in Cincinnati too and we have folks in Columbus and Cleveland that would be interesting to get together.

If we don't get one closer than Chicago (which is great fun--I go to that one), then maybe we can pick a date in late February or early March and just have our own impromptu unofficial first pitch right here or in Columbus and use the forum boards to collect our own members to meet up somewhere and hash through some players, if not just go through all the slides in the official first pitch forums. We'll have to talk to Ron about cost, etc., but I'd be willing to be part of it.

As for a two-day in Tampa, we did that the year before last during Spring Training and it was great fun (I stayed in Clearwater), and I would do that again over playing in LABR, if you can believe that, due to how much more fun I have in Florida than Arizona (no offense to my many friends in Phoenix--I am *from* Florida).

Unfortunately, it wasn't well enough attended to justify the cost.
              The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen. -Bob Lemon

Comment

Long time lurker, occasional poster, First Pitch Forum crasher...

1. The NFBC Florida venue is Orlando in 2008.
                2. I did my undergrad in Cleveland and still have some good friends there and am always looking for a reason to go back and visit, so if timing works out, I could add Ohio to the list of states in which I crash the FPF.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                  Long time lurker, occasional poster, First Pitch Forum crasher...

1. The NFBC Florida venue is Orlando in 2008.
                  2. I did my undergrad in Cleveland and still have some good friends there and am always looking for a reason to go back and visit, so if timing works out, I could add Ohio to the list of states in which I crash the FPF.
                  Todd,

Do you happen to have the date and/or location? As a local here in Orlando, I'd like to get it on my calendar. Thanks.

* * * * * NEVER MIND. I found it on website - March 15th. * * * * *
                  Last edited by willemaze; 10-13-2007, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DougD@HQ View Post
                    Just brainstorming a little--I live in Cincinnati too and we have folks in Columbus and Cleveland that would be interesting to get together.

If we don't get one closer than Chicago (which is great fun--I go to that one), then maybe we can pick a date in late February or early March and just have our own impromptu unofficial first pitch right here or in Columbus and use the forum boards to collect our own members to meet up somewhere and hash through some players, if not just go through all the slides in the official first pitch forums. We'll have to talk to Ron about cost, etc., but I'd be willing to be part of it.
                    As for a two-day in Tampa, we did that the year before last during Spring Training and it was great fun (I stayed in Clearwater), and I would do that again over playing in LABR, if you can believe that, due to how much more fun I have in Florida than Arizona (no offense to my many friends in Phoenix--I am *from* Florida).
                    Unfortunately, it wasn't well enough attended to justify the cost.
                    I'd be interested in something like that as well. It might help generate attendance at Cleveland FPF so that it becomes a yearly venue.

Comment

Trust you saw First Pitch Cleveland set for March 1 at Hilton Garden Inn downtown, right next to Jacobs Field. Already 6 speakers tentatively lined up: Ron, Rick, Deric, Joshua Randall, Matt Baic, Todd Zola, and myself.

So register now and tell all your friends. We need good attendance to keep coming back. And you may hear some of us locally before the forum....
                      If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Comment

Put it on my calendar yesterday and will register in the next few days. Looking forward to it, special bonus - Todd Zola.

Comment

Working...
                        X