Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bremo
    replied
    Simple list of players whose projections have changed is a very reasonable request.

Leave a comment:

• PD@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    Whatever computer process creates the projections can see when a change is being made. If an asterisk could be appended to that line by the player's name (that way you aren't adding a new column or anything), it would allow us to very quickly scan for updates.
    Sorry, but this would be a *disaster*. Adding any character to some player names but not all would completely mess up the integrity of the database for anyone using the playernames as the first element in VLOOKUP functions that extracts stat lines for analysis.
    The alternative would be for there to be nother column in which there could be an indicator ("flag") to show whether the projection had been changed. But you could easily do this yourself, and you could fine-tune the flags to show the changes in whatever stat is important to you--ABs, HRs, R$, whatever.
    This raises another issue: How does the projection mechanism know which stat-changes need to be flagged? Do you flag *any* change? Or do you pick and choose?
    If there are only a few, we can modify our existing spreadsheets by hand. If there are a lot, we would know to go through the process of re-doing our spreadsheets. As it is now, we are in the dark except looking line by line.
    At the risk of repeating myself, there is no way you should be going through a spreadsheet to note changes by hand.

Leave a comment:

• NICK@HQ
    replied
    I agree. Whatever computer process creates the projections can see when a change is being made. If an asterisk could be appended to that line by the player's name (that way you aren't adding a new column or anything), it would allow us to very quickly scan for updates. If there are only a few, we can modify our existing spreadsheets by hand. If there are a lot, we would know to go through the process of re-doing our spreadsheets.

As it is now, we are in the dark except looking line by line.

Leave a comment:

• LEC
    replied
    There might not be time to make comments on why each player changed, besides, that info might be found somewhere else in the site, but having them highlighted on the sheet would be awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Bubba
    replied
    It would be very refreshing to see a bullet point write up of the changes and why. After all when members do find the changes on their own you end up answer all those why did player A have a change to his projections here in the forums.

Just my 2 cents

Leave a comment:

• PD@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael
    If it really took only 5 minutes, wouldn't BaseballHQ be doing it already? This is a very common customer request.
    The five minutes referred to the filtering based on user criteria.
    It would be impossible for BHQ to do this at source because the criteria vary from user to user. But it sounds like you need the changed projections highlighted because of the elaborate filters you have in place; if you put the filter results off to the side as I described earlier, then all you need to do when the new porjections come out is to copy the data (using Paste Special | Values) into the same area of your sheet and the players meeting the criteria would be immediately identified.
    If it is important to know which players have changed for some other reason, then the solution would be to put each new projection on its own sheet within a workbook, with a column added far right to VLOOKUP either the R$ or AB projection for the guy from the previous week and then another immediately to the right subtracting that result from the R$ or AB column of the current sheet and flagging the differences.

Leave a comment:

• Michael@HQ
    replied
    If it really took only 5 minutes, wouldn't BaseballHQ be doing it already? This is a very common customer request.

Leave a comment:

• PD@HQ
    replied
    Re: Whose Projections were updated?

Originally posted by LEC
    Is there an easy way to determine which players projections have been updated each week? Every week I find myself spending 45 minutes to an hour running my filters, and customizing the Excel sheet to suit my league, and then do it all over again the following week, when the updated sheets are posted? Is there an easier way?
    You can do a whole set of VLOOKUPS in IF loops to determine changed values, but why not automate the filtering process instead? Set your filtering criteria and then conditional format all players who meet the criteria. Or add a column at the far right to return "Y" if they meet the criteria, "N" if they don't, then just filter that far-right column for "Y" values. Five minutes tops, including pasting in the new BHQ projections (use Paste Special ... Values to preserve any formatting in your target sheet).

Leave a comment:

• LEC
    started a topic Whose Projections were updated?

Whose Projections were updated?

Is there an easy way to determine which players projections have been updated each week? Every week I find myself spending 45 minutes to an hour running my filters, and customizing the Excel sheet to suit my league, and then do it all over again the following week, when the updated sheets are posted?

Is there an easier way?
Working...
X