Need help with team projection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with team projection

I just signed up today and would like to use your projections to evaluate my chances in a keeper (it may be rebuilding time). According to projections, I should do quite well for the rest of the season, but I'm a quite a hole as it stands. What I would like to do is combine year to date stats with projected stats for the rest of the season without having to create excel formulas. These calculations would give me reasonable end of year stats for every player. Once I have these numbers for each player, I can obviously compare my team's players totals with the other team's totals to get an idea of where I would finish. Can you tell me the best way to accomplish this using the features on this website (I understand that some of this I will have to do on my own - likely on excel). Thanks in advance.

Welcome, Walter.

Start here by downloading the projections in CSV format. These files will open in Excel. Download all four 'proj' links (AL/NL, Hit/Pitch), then you can do a little Excel magic from there to boil those files down to just your players, and add in your current YTD standings in each category.

Lots of people here can help, as many do this exact process regularly. Post back if you have further questions.

Comment

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I have been working with excel for days on this and have finally determined that I should finish between 3rd and 5th in my league. I must not be doing this very efficiently, though, because after weighting averages with at bats for the projections and for the YTD totals, inter alia, it becomes quite an endeavor. Re-entering all of this data on even a weekly basis would be prohibitive (along with eliminating all of the projections that I don't need and sorting the rest, I would have to spend hours flipping between yahoo and excel to re-enter all of the YTD data).

I love this site and feel like I got my money's worth, but I will make a request for future development: If I could enter my team (and my league's teams) into something similar to MACK and then have the YTD and the daily projections combined to constantly give me an estimate of how my team will finish, I would never consider competing in a rotoleague without it. I know that we're looking at several YTD issues with trades, managerial decisions, etc., but I still think it could provide a ton of value as a reasonable estimate of results with very little user-work. MACK is great - and I likely haven't yet realized its potential - but without considering the teams I compete against in my roto league, the information is of limited value.

I hope this isn't viewed as a complaint, as I'm extremely impressed with the service you provide; I have and will continue to recommend it. And if you have any advice on trimming my excel time, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Comment

Not to try to stick you with buying another product, Walter, but by far the best way to do what you're describing is to buy Rotolab. This product is a partner of HQ, incorporates HQ projections, and will do exactly what you're asking for. Take a look at the demo on their site.

Comment

Working...
        X