generator & small league values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• generator & small league values

The generator returns lower prices for top players in small leagues than in larger leagues, yet the essays on roto hq argue that their draft value is more. Is this a split in the ranks or something else?

There are really two schools of thought here, and we grappled with that in working on the Valuator algorithm. One school of thought says that you can afford to spend high on the frontliners because there is still lots of value remaining in the $1 end-game, and replacement pool. But from the algorithm standpoint, those players below the $1 threshold really do not exist, so the distance between the end-gamers and frontliners is less, thus depressing the frontline values.

If you play in leagues that allow liberal free agent moves, you might want to bump up the values of the top players. If you play in leagues that are more restrictive with the pool, you'd probably want to stick closer to the published values.

RON@HQ

Comment

I agree that I was surprised that the values for top players in small leagues seem so low.

So, for my 12 team, mixed, 5X5, with 12 active and 17 bench, how does this sound for bumping up values a bit: +$5 for >$30, +$3 for $25-29, +$1 for $20-24.

Is that a reasonable bump-up for smaller leagues with lots of free agent access?

Comment

oops

Make that 23 active, and 17 bench...

Comment

That's fine so long as you reduce the low end values equally.

Comment

Working...
          X