Custom Draft grids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft grids

I have a question about the custom draft information. I tried it out, and it seems to be giving me over-inflated values. For example:

I'm in a 13-team mixed league auction. Under this model, only about 22-25 first basemen will be at positive value, with the last player being at $1. The custom tool does not account for this. Players who will not be purchased have positive value.

It occurs in all other positions as well.

THis then messes up the total dollar amount of the value versus the available money (a major point in getting values right).

There should be $3380 in value, yet there is significantly more in the draft guides and grids produced.

Am I off base here? Could someone help me?

Thanks

Same problem here.
    I tried it w/ our real cap, and 35% too much $$.
    Changed to $260 cap, still 13% too much $$.

No idea of what kind of work around there is-- looks like hitters are more overvalued, but w/o knowing algorithm can't say for sure.

Comment

Hang tight. We're looking into this on our end.

RON@HQ

Comment

Categories too limited

Any plans on expanding the categories of the custom grids and projections? If you're in a league that doesn't utilize these categories, this is pretty much a worthless tool. In particular, I'm hoping to see the following categories:

Hitting: Doubles+Triples
        Pitching: W%, Appearances, Inning Pitched, K/BB

Also, some more hitting/pitching splits might be helpful, i.e., $182:$78 (70%/30%) & $195:$65 (75%/25%).

If you're planning on impementing these categories and/or splits, could you offer an ETA? Thanks.

Comment

I have a couple non-standard cats as well, net steals, net saves and d + t. Not sure how to adjust. My league also has a $325 budget and 10 active hitters ,10 active pitchers. This gives guys like bonds a value of $80+ which places alot of players way off the grid. I don't see an excell version that I can modify either. Im not sure what to make of all this. But , I was waiting patiently.

Does anyone know if rotolab, might be the way I need to go?

Comment

We WILL be adding categories, and soon. Perhaps as early as next week. I don't know that we'll be able to add every possible hybrid, but there are definitely a bunch coming soon.

RON@HQ

Comment

Thanks for staying on it.
              I'd like to see OPS if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by hqforums
                We WILL be adding categories, and soon. Perhaps as early as next week. I don't know that we'll be able to add every possible hybrid, but there are definitely a bunch coming soon.

RON@HQ
                Thanks.... and obviously.... the sooner the better!

Comment

Yes, thank you. I apologize for starting a separate thread on this. I got a little overanxious.

I was asking about walks.
                  20-Team Mixed Dynasty | 14 Hs, 10 Ps, 5 res., no limit DL | 5x5: AVG, HR, RBI, SB, OPS; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keepers limited only by salary cap, values based on ADPs w/ discounts for <3yrs service time) | 2-Time Champion; 2-Time Runner Up since 2005
                  12-Team NL Dynasty | 12Hs, 9 Ps, 1 swingman, 4 res., 4 minors, 4 DL | 5x5: H, OBP, HR, RBI, SB; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keep 17 (fixed-length contracts, no salaries) | 5-Time Champion; 3-Time Runner Up since 1999

Comment

Plug in # of Starters or Rostered Players?

I'm glad that the tool is ready.

#1 Where you enter the number of hitters and pitchers (the default is set for 14 and 9), is this intended to be the number of starting hitters and pitchers that are active each week or the total number of hitters and pitchers that will be on each team's roster??

I assume that for a straight draft I can use these as rankings and look at the relative differentials for scarcity purposes, even if the program in terms of absolute dollar value accuracy is still being fine tuned (my auctions aren't for a few weeks, but I have a straght draft on Monday). Thanks

Comment

Are the new custom pages temporarily offline? I'm getting "page cannot be accessed errors", and I did try it while disabling Norton.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm getting the same error message, so they must be working on it?

Comment

Concept is great.....but

I love the concept. A custom valuation tool with HQ stats forecasts....Data I trust.....Formats I like.

Nice effort guys. I earlier said that you keep raising the bar and clearing it beautifully. Well , I might have been a little premature. You seem to be well aware of the bugs. So I won't repeat them here. I trust you are on them so the next release comes quickly.

However, If you can't seem to make it work smoothly in time. A simple fall back would be , to just publish the Draft prep data like it was last year.

It looks to me , tht if you set it at 13 teams $260 standard 170/90 split ,4X4 NL and I get what I got last year. Is that correct?

If thats the case I know what rule of thumb adjustments I need to make to convert to my 10 team keeper league (with inflation) 5x5 nl only.

I'd love to play with a customized solution created by you guy's and I patiently await your fixes.

I just need a fall back position.

Thanks

Comment

We're on it. If things are not squared by this week, we'll publish the old version beginning the 19th.

Comment

Working...
                            X