Adjusting $ values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting $ values

I'm new to HQ & am curious how to adjust HQ dollar values to reflect my league settings.

Does anyone know what size cap the 5*5 dollar values are adjusted for? $250?
    my cap is $340, Al only.
    The positions are as follows: 2 Catchers, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, 5 OFs, Util, 9 Pitchers.

Welcome, Curt!

HQ values are based on 14 batters, 9 pitchers, $260 budget.

AL values are based on 12 teams, NL based on 13.

The forthcoming "Custom Roto Value" generator will allow you to change these variables (ie plug in your $340 budget) and get adjusted values back. That should be available roughly within the next week or two.

Comment

thanks ray

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ
        The forthcoming "Custom Roto Value" generator will allow you to change these variables (ie plug in your $340 budget) and get adjusted values back. That should be available roughly within the next week or two.
        Any idea if the custom roto values can be exported from BHQ and then input into RotoLab?

Thanks
        -Jeremy

Comment

Not directly, I don't think. I'll defer to Merv from Rotolab, who lurks around here.

Comment

If you are careful and you can save the file in Excel97 format, you can edit the projection files and put them, in say the 5x5 column and use the BHQ5x5 values as the value system (you must be at version 4.0.8). be very careful and backup your data first with File / Backup (before loading a league). Next year I will have 4 user value fields that you can use for either different leagues or other expert opinions. It almost made it in this year, but I cut it out at the last minute.

-Merv

Comment

Thanks, Merv

I'll give it a shot (backing up my data first of course). I'm more than comfortable with Excel 97 so I think the key will be how easily I can match up players from the projections file to players from the custom roto download.

-Jeremy

Comment

You can use newer versions of Excel, just save the file type as Excel97 format.

-Merv

Comment

Working...
                X