Great Bullpen Article by Doug Dennis 3/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Bullpen Article by Doug Dennis 3/28

Another great article. I am continually impressed by the quality of analysis here at HQ. It would have taken me hours to learn all the information from other sites - here, I get it digested in 10 minutes. Brilliant, keep up the good work.

Yes, very good article. Doug's bullpen articles are one of my weekly favorites.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Amen...filled in all the gaps and on a timely basis, with my draft approaching.

I was a little miffed that there was no mention of Joey Devine's solid spring work for the ATL albeit in a small sample size, but I'm willing to wait until the next AZFL for Doug's mea culpa on this one....

Comment

I also agree this was an excellent article.

This is what I learned: I am not going to chase Saves at my Auction, nor speculate. I am going to spend my money on SP and Hitters, and then find Saves on the waiver wire during the Season.

There is just too much unpredicatability out there.
        Trust me
        If you don't tell me what I want to know then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt
        The only reason that you're conscious right now is I don't want to carry you
        I have killed two people since midnight. I haven't slept in over 24 hours. So maybe you should be a little more afraid of me than you are now
        I'm gonna need a hacksaw
        You're responsible for the deaths of David Palmer, Tony Almeida and Michelle Dessler. They were friends of mine-Bang
        I can't do this anymore

Comment

thanks--

I appreciate the kind words.

Jock--(because you ask)--

Devine was sent out to AAA in an early cut on March 13 after pitching 3 innings with 3 strikeouts, 1 walk and 1 hit (and 1 run). Better work that I would have expected, but it was only 3 innings. If he can keep the walks under 4.0 BB/9 and the homers under 1.5 HR/9 at AAA, I think he'll get called up. We can see what the composition of the Braves pen is then and see where he fits in. I don't see him as rosterable--yet.
          The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen. -Bob Lemon

Comment

Doug - to quote our President, "I knew that!".....and I agree...

Comment

Working...
            X