Custom Valuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Valuations

I am preparing for an NL Only, non-keeper, 12 team auction draft. Only difference in alignment is we have 10 pitchers and 3 MI.

I am having trouble setting the valuation parameters. The guide says to enter "any number" in the category of Number of Bench Players. The vaules vary greatly depending on the number you put in. We draft (purchase) all 23 players.

We are a "Top Player" league when it comes to pricing.

What number of "bench players" will get me the truest value?

A short answer would be I need more specifics about your roster reqs. I don't get what you mean is you have 10 P and 3MI, but still only 23 players. What standard positions don't you have?

Bench players are to be used to represent reserve / bench slots which could hold pitchers or hitters, but count towards salary. They are split as evenly as possible between P and UT roles.

If all your reserves will be $1 players, you might consider subtracting $1 for each reserve players per team from team budget. Then you can consider the top (number of teams times reserve players per team) players in the second section as $1 reserve players.
    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Clarification

Sorry for the vague post.

Our roster is made up of 10 pitchers (instead of the standard 9) 3 corners, 5 OF, 2 catchers and 3 MI (instead of the standard 4.) So while we have the same number of players, we add a pitcher, subtract a MI.

We do not use daily transactions so every rostered player garners stats for every game played.

What # of bench players in the custom valuator will give me the most accurate values?

Thanks.

Comment

Enter the number of reserve players each team has and spends draft money on. Do you have any reserve players? How do you draft them?
        While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
        --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

We do not draft reserve players. All players are always active.

Comment

Then bench should be zero.
            --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Custom Guide Issues

I want to make sure I am doing this right because I have been reading there has been alot of issues with the custom draft guide. I am in a H to H mixed league with these categories. R, RBI, Avg, HR, OPS, NEt SB Pitching: ERA, K, WHIP, SV, W, BAA. We pick 23 players but only play 1 - c,1b,2b,3b,ss, UT and 3 OF. If have spots for 2 starters, 2 closers and 3 extra pitchers but I don't have to pitch all 7 pitchers during the week.

What should I input into the custom valuator to get accurate custom results for my league. In the past I inputed $260 66 offense, balanced, 8 bench players, 7 pitchers,3 oF and 1 SS,2b,1b,3b, util. For the stats I entered RBI,R,avg,hr,ops, sb-cs, era,s,whip,so. There is no input for ba so I couldn't customize that. I am frustrated because I am spending more time manipulating data vs analyzing the players. Can you help me get accurate customized results for my league. My draft is Monday night and is already half over when I found out there were errors in the valucations.

In addition somebody mentioned creating my own point values for H to H games. how do you do that.

Thanks
              Last edited by bgriesel; 03-25-2007, 01:35 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

bgreisel, it sounds like you're not in a points league, so you don't need points values. Points values are for people who don't score in categories, which it sounds like does not apply to you.

I think the way you used the tool in the past is the best way for your league's structure. I don't understand what you're saying about their being no option for BA... I assume you mean Batting Average, and it is right there in the options.

Post back if you have other problems. The tool's working fine, it had a brief hiccup yesterday, and per the note on the subscriber homepage we're still looking to add some more capabilities.

Comment

Thanks for the update but the BA I was talking about was for opposing teams batting average not the batters.

Thanks for the quick response

Comment

Originally posted by wayne z. View Post
                    Our roster is made up of 10 pitchers (instead of the standard 9) 3 corners, 5 OF, 2 catchers and 3 MI (instead of the standard 4.)
                    FWIW, 3 MI is the standard number. What you're missing is the standard Utility player
                    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
                    -Bill Lyon

Comment

Working...
                    X