Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats Services

Good afternoon,

We're gearing up for another go at it, for our sixth annual. We've always used Sportsline and have been forever disappointed. Any suggestions?

This is a 5x5 14 team mixed leage.

Thanks,
    ws

If you do a search, there are a couple of threads either in January or late last year. I think this link may work: http://www.baseballhq.com/subscribe/...=stat+services

FWIW, my league was very dissatisfied with Sportsline and had vowed to change this season. However, when push came to shove, we decided to go with the devil we know rather than the one we don't.
    "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

We use Yahoo, only because it's what we've always used and the user interface is easy to figure out. we looked at TQ stats, but the interface was kinda clunky and wasn't very user-friendly.
      "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance." -- James Madison

Comment

Still undecided ...

Well, thanks for your answers, and thank you for the link. As of yet, I'm undecided. It's unclear from reading the many posts in various threads which would be the best stats service.

Like most opinions of all things in computers and internet, it depends on each person's experience -- which ranges from solid to horrific. Go figure.

It looks like I may settle with Custom Stat just because it seems least offensive. AllStar is ridiculously expensive, and both CBS and TQStats seem almost incendiary judging from the bitter reactions they've inspired.

I can't wait until someone steps to the fore in this area and delivers an incomparable product.

Thanks again,
        WeirdScience

Comment

For what it's worth ...

I finally joined www.tqstats.com. My experience thus far has proven a little uneven. One thing they nab you on -- or seem to, anyhow -- is additional costs. Services that were included in the overall price of Sportsline are to be purchased separatel PER OWNER. Some are legit, but not all. This kind of value-added service is what I suspect All-Star Sports might deliver, thus pumping up their initial price.

Next, the site seems a little awkward to navigate. It is not intuitive in the way that -- GASP!!! -- Sportsline is. I'll chalk that up to being unfamiliar with the layout for now. Bears watching, though.

Extra stuff is lacking. For those owners that are not so fanatical about doing a ball pool, it's nice to have a plethora of articles, integrated player bios, and so on and so on ... seems to be a little sparse here. Not absent, but just not so rich as in Sportsline.

Now, the reason I *did* move away from Sportsline was because I sought stability, accuracy, and dependability. These I will not have an answer for just yet, and of course they are collectively the massive trump card to the whole deal.

WeirdScience

Comment

We've used TQStats since '99. I agree with the friendliness comments for user interface. But positives are the daily boxscores and statistical presentations, as well as many custom scoring options. The other very big positive in our view is the fact that every season since '99 is archived and navigable to all. Makes historical comparisons easy!

Comment

Working...
            X