h2h points only (no categories) excel projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h2h points only (no categories) excel projections

I have sent a personal to Nick..anyone out there who can provide me an excel file with 2007 projections as well as 2006 final numbers with MY leagues scoring. I am on a mac 10.4.8 and know how to sort. I joined on the condition that I get assistance on viewing HQ's superior prognostications in MY leagues' scoring.

prefer an attached email to dblue@sopris.net

BlueChinMusic
    s= 1
    d=2
    t= 3
    hr= 6 !!!
    r= 1
    rbi= 1
    bb= 1
    sb= 1
    cs= -1
    ko= -1 !!

w= 10
    l= -5
    s= 5
    b= -.5
    er= -1
    inn= 1
    k= 1.5
    so= 10
    you always miss 100% of the shots you
    don\'t take

Originally posted by bluechinmusic View Post
    I joined on the condition that I get assistance on viewing HQ's superior prognostications in MY leagues' scoring.
    Sorry, I don't get this part.

Comment

Originally posted by bluechinmusic View Post
      I have sent a personal to Nick..anyone out there who can provide me an excel file with 2007 projections as well as 2006 final numbers with MY leagues scoring. I am on a mac 10.4.8 and know how to sort.
      Chin, if your bag of Excel trick includes multiplying and adding along with sorting, it should take you about 2 minutes to add a column to your spreadsheet to figure point values for your league.
      http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

I've created an Excel file with the current projections and a calculated Points column based on the above scoring. I told BlueChinMusic that I would email when I get home this evening. I further said that if he looked at the formula for the Points column, he would see how to do this himself. It's actually quite easy, but if you've never done it before in Excel it can be helpful to see it done once.
        MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

FYI, for any points-based players who are not familiar with simple Excel formulas, here's the basic idea of how to create a calculated Points column. Let me take the points formulas above and assign them the Excel column designations they get when you take the standard HQ projections:

s= 1 (*)
          d=2 (Column L)
          t= 3 (Col M)
          hr= 6 (Col N)
          r= 1 (Col J)
          rbi= 1 (Col O)
          bb= 1 (Col P)
          sb= 1 (Col R)
          cs= -1 (Col S)
          ko= -1
          (Col Q)

* No column for singles, so I calculate it as (Hits - 2B - 3B - HR).

With those columns in mind, here is how I calculate Points for row 2:

=SUM((K2-L2-M2-N2) + (2*L2) + (3* M2) + (6*N2) + J2 + O2 + P2 + R2 + (-1 * S2) + (-1 * Q2))

I've followed the same order listed above and it's just a simple matter of multiplying the points for the item by the number of them in the column (and I don't bother going (1 * J2) for instance, but just write J2 since it's the same thing). Then you add them up and voila! Points. Now you can sort for your league's scoring rules while using HQ's projections.
          MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Working...
          X