In Season Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Season Features

Are there daily e-mails or posts on who is hot or who is recommended as a free agent pick up during the season?

Trying to understand how subscribing to HQ helps out after the draft.

Thanks!

Steve

Steve, you know the NL and AL MarketWatch columns we've been posting each Friday? Beginning in March, those are written daily. We also have the Daily Callup report, highlighting players who have just gotten the call from the minors. And, there's some new stuff coming as well. Trust me, HQ is quiet right now compared to what you will see in another month.

Comment

Also helpful is the PlayerLink feature, which basically links to prior articles, most typically the MarketWatch columns, when a particular player was reviewed. That feature is useful if you are considering acquiring a player.

Reading the MarketWatch columns regularly also gives you a sense of how to analyze a player yourself and when you disagree with a particular analysis.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Actually, Market Watch goes daily in about 2 weeks. In addition to what is mentioned above, our Buyers Guides take on a new format in-season, with a focus on validating performance. There will be links to lots of goodies, pre-set database filters so you can see players ranked in all sorts of ways. So if you're looking for some hidden speed, or to speculate on saves, or to figure out whether Neifi Perez's 6-HR .400 April is for real... it will all be there.
        "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Don't forget the Top 10 Hotlists which are designed to help distill down the voluminous information in our projections database and provide lists of potential surgers and faders in many key categories.
          If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
          -Bill Lyon

Comment

Originally posted by RON@HQ View Post
            Actually, Market Watch goes daily in about 2 weeks.
            Good thing you reminded me!

Comment

As the staff has chimed in, there are many additional features to HQ during the season. That said, if you're looking for daily directions on who to pick up or put in your starting line up you probably won't find that here. The philosophy of BHQ is more geared toward providing you analysis tools (fanalytic as it's tagged here) and teaching you to use them; the focus is also on longer-term performance, not shorter-term hot streaks.

Don't get me wrong, hands down the best fantasy baseball site I've ever found. But will not give you a daily list of hot players.
              "A republic if you can keep it."

Comment

The Bullpen Report is also a good source for choosing a relief pitcher to pick up if/when needed at any point during the year.

And if you are Excel savvy, then HQ's rest-of-year projections file can be used to project your league's final standings at any point during the season to help you decide when you need to make trades and how to evaluate the trades you are considering making.
                @edecaria

Comment

Weekly Planner is a great source that I use every week to set pitching matchups for the coming week in leagues with a bench and roster flexibility.
                  "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

Working...
                  X